cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4310 display issues

Colin Crubaugh
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have created new content for my 4310 to run, but it is having some issues.  At first I thought that maybe I had to much going on at once because I have a flash image slideshow, a rss feed, weather widget, and a date time clock all attempting to run.  But, I have it running on my test unit at my desk which is the 4400 model.  Anybody have any ideas as to why the 4310 unit would be blank but the older model can run it?

thanks

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Colin,

Does your 4310 runs exactly the same version as your 4400?

If that is the case, can you maybe try to remove one or two elements of your presentation to see if it is load related?

Can you also be a bit more precise on what exactly is not displayed properly? Do you see only parts of your presentation or nothing at all on the 4310?

Regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas,

thanks for the reply, the problem I am having is that the screen displays nothing at all.  All there is, is a blank screen with the IP address showing.  I have tried removing pieces of presentation in hopes that it may work but I have had no luck.  Both versions also run 5.2.2 so I don't believe that to be the problem.

Also, the old presentation I had pushed to the dmp worked fine with no complications.  The only difference between the two really was the weather widget which is why I tried removing it from the new one.

Thanks,

Colin

Hi Colin,

Can you try to create a dummy presentation that would only display a simple picture and see if it gets pushed to your 4310?

Can you access your DMP through HTTPS?

Is the problem consistent across reboots?

Regards,

Nicolas

I created a presentation with just a JPEG background and it still displays nothing.  I have logged into the DMP and rebooted it with no luck.

Thanks,

Colin

Hi Colin,

There might be an issue with the software on the 4310 then.

Could you try to re-install 5.2.2 on it to see if it helps?

Regards,

Nicolas