cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Faulty on 3750

Emre OGMEN
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with 3750 switch. After electricty problem switch start using RPS 2300 but after problem is solved, my switch is not reverting back to its own power supply. I have 6 switches in the stack and its impossible to restart the stack. The 2 faulty switch is reloaded itself but even after that it's still using RPS instead of its own power supply? Can the problem be power cable or anything else? And i really need a solution. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Mark Williams
Level 1
Level 1

I haven’t touched a 2300 in a while.

On the 2300 there is a standby and select button. Hit select until all the lights a flashing and then hit Standby.  This will make the RPS unavailable.

-Devices currently using their own power supply will not be affected

- Any device using RPS should fail back to their own power supply (if it is working). I can remember if it will reboot.

Once all devices are up, hit select again to make the RPS available to all devices

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Don't quote me, but I recall when a 3750 flips to the RPS it will not automatically revert; you may need to manually intercede.

Emre OGMEN
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah i know that the only solution is restarting the switch but i was trying to find other solution except stopping my stack. Cause its in a production company and all the units are rely on the network. Anyway i planned restart proccess. And as i searched legacy 3750 doesn't support reverting but 3750E is reverting back to its own power supply. So thank you for your intrest.

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

That sounds familar, i.e. that the original 3750 don't revert but the new E series (and X series too, I believe) can self revert.

There may not be a solution to avoid restarting stack, but if you want to avoid this in the future, depending on how long a power outage you need to cover on the primary power supply, you might try using UPS(s).

PS:

BTW, again don't quote me, but I recall why the original 3750s and E series differ in this regard (and others) is because the originals were really marketed more like SMB devices while the E series were "Enterprise" class.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco