Unity Server stopped working

Answered Question
Jul 29th, 2011

Dear All,

Something weird happened a few days back. I recently installed a Unity Server and integrated it with the Exchange 2010 and CUCM

successfully. It was working fine. It was under testing stage for almost 1 weeks time (only 1 subscriber), and everything was working fine.

Now, I started adding the remaining users to unity. (license all is ok). Now the voicemail is not working at all.

This is explained in detail:

Forward Call Routing -

Successfully lands in the mailbox and the caller can leave a message without any problem.

Direct Call Routing -

When a user press the Message on the phone, it asks for the PIN. (so far is ok).. After this, I cannot hear the new voice-messges.

Instead, it says "The system is temporarily unable to complete your call"

I checked with the excahnage server. But no changes has been made in it since last month.

I will be rechecking the exchange again. But is there anything else i should be doing/checking here.

I ran the Cisco Unity Message Store Configuration wizard from Add/remove programs, and this turned out to be ok.

Please help me here.

Regards

Shabeeb

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by pverma about 2 years 8 months ago

Hi Shabeeb,

You may have problem with MAPI profile on Unity box.  You can try deleting or renaming MAPI profile on Unity box and rebooting  the box to recreate the profile again.

Please note that this involves editing windows  registery settings and you should take extreme care. If you need closer  guidance, you may like to open TAC SR.

To rename / delete MAPI profile, logon to Unity machine with the account that used by AvCsMgr service. Run regedit.exe

1. If AvCsMgr was running as a domain account, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

If AvCsMgr was running as the local system account, go to:

HKEY_USERS\Default \Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Note: Both places should be checked, as this account may be changed in                 the history of your system from Local to Domain.

2. Right-click the Unity System Profile entry and             choose Delete. You may choose Rename it to something else if you do not want to delete existing entry.

3. Restart the Cisco Unity server to recreate Unity System Profile.

4. Once machine is rebooted, you should have above profile recreated.

Hope that helps.

regards

Prashant

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
pverma Mon, 08/01/2011 - 18:47

Hi Shabeeb,

What version of Unity are you running?

Guessing that you are running Unity on windows. The message you are getting is failsafe message. Whenever, Unity plays this message, you should get some error message in your eventviewer log. Check what error are you getting.

It can be issue with permissions too that Unity does not have permissions to logon to user's mailbox on user's behalf. Try call from one Unity subscriber's phone to another unity subscriber's phone and leave a message. Do you get MWI turned on for receiving subscriber? Check UnityMTA folder before and after call to see if the message is stored on Unity machine instead of directly on exchange. If it is, Unity is not able to log on behalf of subscriber. Rerun permissions wizard to set permissions correctly and restart Unity.

Hope this helps.

regards

Prashant

shabeebmohammed Wed, 08/03/2011 - 02:02

@ Prashant:

unity version 8.0.3

This is a windows server.. 2003 SP2 std edition

These are the errors im getting in the event logs -

CiscoUnity_MALEx

An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvCsMgr via MAPI has failed.  The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed..

CiscoUnity_MALEx

An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by AvCsMgr via MAPI.

This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem.

Verify that the Unity services accounts are granted the correct permissions and that there are no issues with installation.  The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the problem.

CiscoUnity_Doh

Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error: 8004052eH

CiscoUnity_ConvSub

An unexpected error has occured while a subscriber is on the phone with Unity. This can potentially result in the subscriber hearing the failsafe conversation. Technical details are - IAvDohMailUser::get_Inbox returned [0x8004052e] on line 1312 of file E:\views\TBM17_view\un_Conv1\Scripted\ConvSub\MsgCount.cpp.

CiscoUnity_ConvSub

The description for Event ID ( 1394 ) in Source ( CiscoUnity_ConvSub ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: msg.GetMessageCount(spMailUser.get(), spNP, pSM) returned: 0x8004052E, 534, E:\views\TBM17_view\un_Conv1\Scripted\ConvSub\MsgCount.cpp,

I checked and found most of the services are being stopped automatically.. once i restart them, it works for sometime and then back to problem world..

Now the VM are coming to my inbox.. but TUI gives me failsafe..

After a while, NOTHING works..

Y could this be happening!!!

Correct Answer
pverma Wed, 08/03/2011 - 19:49

Hi Shabeeb,

You may have problem with MAPI profile on Unity box.  You can try deleting or renaming MAPI profile on Unity box and rebooting  the box to recreate the profile again.

Please note that this involves editing windows  registery settings and you should take extreme care. If you need closer  guidance, you may like to open TAC SR.

To rename / delete MAPI profile, logon to Unity machine with the account that used by AvCsMgr service. Run regedit.exe

1. If AvCsMgr was running as a domain account, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

If AvCsMgr was running as the local system account, go to:

HKEY_USERS\Default \Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Note: Both places should be checked, as this account may be changed in                 the history of your system from Local to Domain.

2. Right-click the Unity System Profile entry and             choose Delete. You may choose Rename it to something else if you do not want to delete existing entry.

3. Restart the Cisco Unity server to recreate Unity System Profile.

4. Once machine is rebooted, you should have above profile recreated.

Hope that helps.

regards

Prashant

shabeebmohammed Sat, 08/20/2011 - 21:50

Hey..

It was mainly problems due to the MAPI.. thanks for the heads up..

I deleted this and reinstalled the latest version. rebooted the server and its all fine now.. (atleast so far, its been more than a week now )

Regards

Shabeeb Mohammed

emorivera2526 Mon, 08/01/2011 - 21:53

Shabeeb,

Check this link out:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12848

Verify error messages, etc.  I ran into this issue a long time ago prior to the CDO being released and the client already removed the 2007 Exchange server so we couldn't role back.  This was a fun bug to work with TAC on

Anyways - I hope this helps with your problem.

Emilio

Craig Cooper Wed, 08/03/2011 - 20:00

Hi Shabeeb,

Please ensure that the throttling policy changes have been applied to the UnityMsgStoreSvc account (which needs a mailbox of it's own with Exchange 2010), and that the Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access service has been restarted on each Exchange server with the CAS role.   Step 20 (a-f) documents the requirement at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/using_exch2010/usingex2010withcu7x5x.html

Kind regards,

Craig

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted July 29, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Stats:
Replies:7 Avg. Rating:5
Views:2485 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard