RV082 bypass filter for one user

Answered Question
Aug 2nd, 2011

I have been asked by a client to restrict access to a number of non work related sites. Easy, blocked them using Firewall> Content Filter. Then I was asked to disable this filter for one user (the Managing Director) so he can access eBay.

I am familiar with doing this on a Netgear device, but so far my efforts with the RV082 have failed.

First I have tried using DHCP to reserve an IP address for this user, then setting 'Access Rules' so that this IP has all access all the time, but this does not appear to work.

I assume setting this IP as the DMZ would achieve what I want but it seems like overkill and not very security wise.

Can anyone please help me with this?

regards

Adam

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Te-Kai Liu about 2 years 8 months ago

Adam, the basic content filter on RV082 does not support the scenario your described. However the ProtectLink Web subscription does allow you to specify select IP addresses to be exempt from the url filter.

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Te-Kai Liu Tue, 08/02/2011 - 06:42

Adam, the basic content filter on RV082 does not support the scenario your described. However the ProtectLink Web subscription does allow you to specify select IP addresses to be exempt from the url filter.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted August 2, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:5
Views:1292 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: firewall, rv082
+

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard