cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA vs Fortigate

a.mendezchavez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody, i need replace a Fortigate 310B with Cisco products, that is, all Web Filtering, IPS/IDS, AV, so, the question is, what we can use to replace?

First, we can use Cisco ASA 5520 right? with CSC Module, so, this for Anti-X, but for IPS? is better router with IPS on IOS? or IPS Sensor? or other Cisco ASA with IPS Module?

thx

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks for answering Collin.

Sounds good, but i cant find any documentation for Cisco ASA & ScanSafe, only 1 article doing WCCP to ScanSafe Gateway and doesnt provide Failover or something.

I want to know about ScanSafe what is the difference between ScanSafe Web Filtering and ScanSafe Web Security?

What about IronPort & CSC-SSM module for ASA?

What do you think?, i need to get  the most stable and robust solution to take off the Fortigate.

Thank you.

I think your best bet is to contact your local Cisco office and have one of their pre-sales come out. They can answer any of your questions and go over all your options. If you can't get someone, let me know and I'll help where I can.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: