Views
Helpful
Replies

Query on VPC peer link and OSPF design

ghias
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I have a query on running VPC with two Nexus 7ks.

1>  VPC peer-link is made up of 2 dedicated 10g links. Can I have a peer-link , where link 1 is on one type of line card ( say N7K-M132XP-12L ) AND link 2 is on another type of line card ( say N7K-M108X2-12L ). would that work ?

2> Sounds like a basic ospf question. I am a bit confused to design an ospf network where the same subnet is kept in area 5 on 1 router and in area 6 on a different router. These two routers acting as ABR will  advertise these subnets into area 0.

Would there be any problem if i keep the area 5 and 6 side of interfaces as passive interfaces?

Any detailed response with the fundamental reason for any probable problem would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gazeddin

1 Reply 1

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. It should work if the port on the M132 is dedicated mode also. If I remember correctly, you cannot mix port-channel between dedicated mode and shared mode interfaces.

2. It will work if the the the backside is passive. It will cause a lot of confusion for sure. Why you want to do it this way?

HTH,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: