Overlapping Dial plan/Off-Net Access Code Solutions

David Undernehr
Level 1
Level 1

Centralized Call Processing with Multi-site deployment

CUCM Version 7.1.3b

Current outside access code is 9

MGCP Gateways

Management Request: Change outside access code from 9 to 8 to reduce accidental 911 dialing.

Typical site dial plan:

9.[2-8]11

9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

9.[2-9]XXXXXX

9.XXXXXXXXXX

9.011X!

9.011X!#

Prior to Managements new request to change the outside access code:

The counter measures I have taken to combat accidental PSAP bound calls is to route the 911 patten to a hunt that includes the Front Desk as a group member (rings for less than a half a sec) that then gets forwarded on to pattern 9.911. If a user accidentally dials 911 and hangs up, the 911 PSAP will call our number listed in the ALI datebase (typically the front desk number or main number)  to ask if someone at the location has an emergency need. The front desk personel will then check his/her missed call logs to see who called last to decipher who made the call. I configured this with 911 only since it is less likely that 9.911 is mis-dialed. Even though this is in place and working fine for over two years, management still wants to change the access code from 9 to 8.

Problem:

Changing the access code from 9 to 8 creates an over-lapping problem in our current dial plan. I have a site who has 80XX DN's. The problem it will create from what I can tell is that it will break secondary dialtone until the third digit is dialed which I don't believe Management is willing to put up with so therefor I am looking for a solution.

Finally My Question:

What options do I have to combat this issue....Implement site ID's, translations, order new DID range and change the users DN's?

Thank you for taking the time to read!  

2 Replies 2

David Undernehr
Level 1
Level 1

I realize I posted this in the wrong discussion board. Not to double post I am letting it ride here.

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i think the better way is to have a site code because as you mentioned this will overlap with

8.011X!

8.011X!#

even if you use translation or check the option in the route patten as priority this might start give a dial ton once dial 8

you can make 8 as a site digit ID and keep the numbers as they are in the lines only you need to put the lines in the site in a partition that other site can access directly unless they go through a translation patten with patten 8.80XX

remove provide dial ton

and in the called number mask remove pre  dot and the translation has to have a CSS that can dial the other site directly

you can do it in differnt ways but this is simple way with minimal changes

HTH

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: