Can I play a piece of content locally if network was to do down?

Unanswered Question
Aug 10th, 2011

My boss has asked me to get our DMS system up and running for our company.  Right now I am in the testing phase and am very new to this.  I have our DMM 5.2.2 setup and one DMP connected a TV.  I have been able to upload video and push it out to the DMP through the schedualer.  I have played around with creating presentations and pushing them out to the DMP via the schedualer.  Now my boss has asked me to come up with a way to either get content on locally eitehr actually local to the dmp or through a thumb drive so that in the case that the network cable was unpluged or the network went down it would switch over to the local content.  Can anyone assist me in getting this DMP setup this way?

As always any help is greatly appreciated!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mcassini Fri, 08/12/2011 - 04:13

Hi Glen,

In order to deploy and play content locally on the DMP memory, you can use the DMS Content Distribution (DMS-CD) feature. This is documented at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_2/dmm/user/guide/dmp/cds.html#wp2182544

However keep in mind that if you use this, the content will always be played from the local storage, not only when the DMP cable is disconnected.

Hope this helps,

Marco

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted August 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM
Stats:
Replies:1 Avg. Rating:
Views:355 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard