Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording IP phones: RSPAN and 7912G problem

luis.romero
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

Im trying to implement Call Recording in my company. We have CUCM 7.1 and UCCX 7.0. I want record 14 extensions some agents and others are phone. I configured RSPAN but when I add an source, Ip phones 7912G lost the registration with CUCM. others IP phone as 7911 dont lost the connection. Im thinking upgrade the firmware of these ip phones from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4  (last avaliable). but i dont know if this will works.

Do you know if exists limitations about to configure RSPAN with these phones ?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

luis.romero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I installed the last firmware available for 7912G - 8.0(4) - , but I get the same behavior: I add a Fastethernet port as source for RSPAN and I can capture traffic for these source, but a few minutes after all 7912G phones loses registry with CUCM. Wireshark show ARP request for CUCM IP address from these phones.

I will be attent for your comments

David Gutierrez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hola Luis,

Al parecer hay una limitacion de hardware en los IP phones 7912, esto esta documentado en el bug http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCed22747 .

Espero q sea de tu ayuda.

Saludos

-David G.

CSE II

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: