Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Announcing UC320W 2.1.0(22) Release Candidate Firmware

WHAT:

======

UC320W 2.1.0 Feature Release Candidate firmware for Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States.  Release Candidate quality means that is has gone through Cisco’s rigorous internal testing, but there might be a few new issues that surface in real world deployments.  Partners who have UC320W in lab environments are encouraged to participate.  The 2.1.0 firmware contains new feature content as well as a significant number of bug fixes.   You are strongly encouraged to read the attached release notes before upgrading.

WHEN:

======

The UC320W 2.1.0 Release Candidate firmware is available via the cloud today.

HOW:

=====

IMPORTANT:  This upgrade is a 2 stage upgrade via the Cloud.  Please see the Release Notes and follow the installation instructions in the Release Notes.

Installation:

1.    Perform a system backup of the UC320W before loading the release candidate Platform Modification File (PMF) file.

2.    Download the PMF and save to your PC.

3.    Unzip the PMF file.

4.    Please see the Release Notes and follow the installation instructions in the Release Notes.

SUPPORT:

=========

Please indicate your firmware version when posting to the UC300 Support Forum or when contacting the Small Business Support Center:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

18 Replies 18

digitalchild
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not seeing any available firmware updates on my uc320. Is there anything I have to do to enable the display of the RC firmware on the uc320's device status page?

If not, are these available for download so I can perform the update via the PC.

cheers,

Hi Jamie,

Please make sure that you have connectivity to the Internet as this is hosted in the Cloud.  Also, make sure you have the PMF file installed on your UC320W.  WAN connectivity is required on the UC320W to do the Cloud based upgrade.  There is an option to download the firmware to your PC from the Cloud.

(Click to enlarge)

To download the intermediate release 2.0.12, you may use this link to 2.0.12 download.  We won't be posting Release Candidate firmware to CCO.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am using version 2.0.13(2) because of the DTMF in AA. When I try upgrading to the 2.1.0 RC, it fails. Should I revert back to 2.0.9.3 and then install this PMF and then try to upgrade to latest RC ?

Thanks

-Azher

Hi Azher,

Did you follow the instructions in the release notes to upgrade to 2.0.12 (Link to manually download 2.0.12 is found 2 posts above) first?  There is also a know issue that if your UC320W has a slow WAN connection the upgrade may fail.  The workaround is to download the firmware to your PC first then perform the Upgrade from your PC ( Status -> Devices -> Upgrade from PC).

If you are still having problems upgrading, please post a screen shot of exactly where it fails and the steps you took to upgrade.

Thanks,

Chris

If i understand correctly, then I will have to downgrade to 2.0.9.3 then upgrade to 2.0.12 and then upgrade to RC

Thanks

-Azher

Hi Azher,

No need to downgrade to 2.0.9(3).  Go to 2.0.12 which is a special upgrade firmware, then go to 2.1.0 firmware.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Upgrade process went fine.

However as I posted in another thread, Voice delay calling from one phone to other is still there. I noted someone else is complaining about it.

Interestingly, if I enable intercom and call someone via intercom there is no voice delay at all and its perfect.

Can you please let me know why this is happening ?? This is all LAN environment.

Thanks

-Azher

Hi Azher,

The engineering team is analyzing the logs collected on a similar case that came into the SBSC.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

It was really frustrating talking with the client yesterday, Please let me know if I you need logs from my side as well.

I need this to be addressed as soon as possible.

Thanks

-Azher

Hi Chris,

Can you please tell if engineering team found issues with the voice delay during regular calls ? And I am wondering why there is no delay for the interom calls. Some explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just to let others know. After I installed the rc pmf correctly I was able to successfully upgrade to the latest RC without issue. It did the 2 stage update for me with no hassles.

Thanks again Christopher

trustedit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Christopher,

Is there any likelihood that the dialling plan will get an update?

We are suffering with the fact that we are on BT Feature lines which require you to dial a 9 when making external calls. So with the UC320 requirement to dial 9 we currently have to dial 99 to get an outside number.

Best regards,

Tim

Hi Tim;

Quick question. What exact change are you looking for on the dial plan (trying to understand better the request)?

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the reply

Well we have two PSTN lines supplied by British Telecom, the lines are called Featurelines and they allow you to have some basic PBX functionality, these are pretty common type of line in the UK.

The problem is with these line you have to dial 9 to make an outgoing call. Now that we have installed the UC320 using both these line we have to dial 9 to select an outside line (for the UC320) and then another 9 for the BT line.

So we would end up dialling “99>External Number” instead of just “9>External Number”.

Now here comes the real problem. Up until today we have just dialled two nines and then our outgoing number and this has worked but as of the latest 2.10 (22) firmware it will not allow any outgoing call due to the dial plans Because of course the second 9 is adding another number to the dial number.

So we really need the option to be able to tell the UC it needs to add a preceding 9 when dialling down an FX0 line. I am not sure where this would be in the configuration but I would have expected it on the FX0 line configuration screen.

Best regards,

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: