CISCO ACE issue with MIBs

Answered Question
Aug 14th, 2011

Dear All,

I know this might have discussed here million times.. but still i am behind this to get this done due to BU pressure to do the capacity management.

I am trying to get the following using SNMP

1) Real Server

2) Real Server Current Connection

3)  Real Server IP address

I tried it with following MIBs and OIDs

CISCO-SLB-MIB

slbRealServerFarmName               .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.161.1.3.1.1.1

slbRealIpAddress                          .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.161.1.3.1.1.2

slbRealNumberOfConnections         .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.161.1.3.1.1.5

CISCO-ENHANCED-SLB-MIB

cesRserverName                         .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.470.1.1.1.1.1

cesRserverIpAddress                    .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.470.1.1.1.1.4

cesRserverCurrConns                   .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.470.1.1.1.1.19

Either of these MIBs /OIDs return any value.

When i raise a TAC case i got the information saying these cannot be retrieved.

Is there any way i can get these values from ACE MODULE , because this is very much required for the BU and they are behind us since long time.

Apppreciate support from all.

thanks,

Parvees

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by AlexandrKry about 2 years 8 months ago

Hi Parvees,

I wasn't looking for values you're interested in, but everything you can get with show command you can get via HTTP(s) request in XML using .

For example, here's a "sh serverfarm ServerFarm1" query:

$  curl --user USER:PASSWD -d "xml_cmd=CONTEXT\">xml-show on%0A show serverfarm ServerFarm1" http://ACE_IP_ADDRESS/bin/xml_agent

I'm running curl on linux box, but I think it is available on other platforms. The code above is a one-line command, but you can write scripts/lists of commands and send them to your ACE with curl.

Here's a link provided in a neighbour discussion that gives more information: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17849

Hope this help,

Alex

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
AlexandrKry Mon, 08/15/2011 - 04:55

I'm not sure about the items you're asking for, but I tried to get resources usage via SNMP and didn't find it.

I snmpwalk'ed through all the items on ACE, but didn't find anything particularly interesting to me. In fact, I was surprised that SNMP support is very poor on ACE (ACE-20).

As a hackaround you can retrieve the values you're interested in using XML interface.

parveesm123 Mon, 08/15/2011 - 20:07

Alex,

Were you able to retrieve the value for show serverfarm XXX  or show real server commands

could you please assist me in creating XML script for the same since i am a newbie to this

-Parvees

Correct Answer
AlexandrKry Mon, 08/15/2011 - 22:30

Hi Parvees,

I wasn't looking for values you're interested in, but everything you can get with show command you can get via HTTP(s) request in XML using .

For example, here's a "sh serverfarm ServerFarm1" query:

$  curl --user USER:PASSWD -d "xml_cmd=CONTEXT\">xml-show on%0A show serverfarm ServerFarm1" http://ACE_IP_ADDRESS/bin/xml_agent

I'm running curl on linux box, but I think it is available on other platforms. The code above is a one-line command, but you can write scripts/lists of commands and send them to your ACE with curl.

Here's a link provided in a neighbour discussion that gives more information: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17849

Hope this help,

Alex

parveesm123 Mon, 08/15/2011 - 23:14

Alex,

Excellent..You are the champ... I got what i required.... thanks a ton :-)

-Parvees

Marko Leopold Mon, 08/15/2011 - 23:15

You can try out Cacti. There is an ACE-template. And if you check out the Poller-Cache you will get the SNMP-OID of the RServer. It's a bit of work to do, but in the end you get your OIDs. The OIDs are extremely long, because they have the name of the rserver included.

parveesm123 Mon, 08/15/2011 - 23:25

Merko,

We required a centralised monitoring system and it is HPOV. Currently we are using SNMP , but MIBs and OID which i tested for rserver connection didnt provided any value.

HPOV team told they can fetch the values from XML scripts.. that is why thought of this option

-Parvees

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted August 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM
Stats:
Replies:7 Avg. Rating:5
Views:1408 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard

Rank Username Points