Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ACE issue with MIBs

parveesm123
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I know this might have discussed here million times.. but still i am behind this to get this done due to BU pressure to do the capacity management.

I am trying to get the following using SNMP

1) Real Server

2) Real Server Current Connection

3)  Real Server IP address

I tried it with following MIBs and OIDs

CISCO-SLB-MIB

slbRealServerFarmName               .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.161.1.3.1.1.1

slbRealIpAddress                          .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.161.1.3.1.1.2

slbRealNumberOfConnections         .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.161.1.3.1.1.5

CISCO-ENHANCED-SLB-MIB

cesRserverName                         .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.470.1.1.1.1.1

cesRserverIpAddress                    .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.470.1.1.1.1.4

cesRserverCurrConns                   .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.470.1.1.1.1.19

Either of these MIBs /OIDs return any value.

When i raise a TAC case i got the information saying these cannot be retrieved.

Is there any way i can get these values from ACE MODULE , because this is very much required for the BU and they are behind us since long time.

Apppreciate support from all.

thanks,

Parvees

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Parvees,

I wasn't looking for values you're interested in, but everything you can get with show command you can get via HTTP(s) request in XML using .

For example, here's a "sh serverfarm ServerFarm1" query:

$  curl --user USER:PASSWD -d "xml_cmd=CONTEXT\">xml-show on%0A show serverfarm ServerFarm1" http://ACE_IP_ADDRESS/bin/xml_agent

I'm running curl on linux box, but I think it is available on other platforms. The code above is a one-line command, but you can write scripts/lists of commands and send them to your ACE with curl.

Here's a link provided in a neighbour discussion that gives more information: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17849

Hope this help,

Alex

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

parveesm123
Level 1
Level 1

Appreciate any ideas... please

AlexandrKry
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure about the items you're asking for, but I tried to get resources usage via SNMP and didn't find it.

I snmpwalk'ed through all the items on ACE, but didn't find anything particularly interesting to me. In fact, I was surprised that SNMP support is very poor on ACE (ACE-20).

As a hackaround you can retrieve the values you're interested in using XML interface.

Alex,

Were you able to retrieve the value for show serverfarm XXX  or show real server commands

could you please assist me in creating XML script for the same since i am a newbie to this

-Parvees

Hi Parvees,

I wasn't looking for values you're interested in, but everything you can get with show command you can get via HTTP(s) request in XML using .

For example, here's a "sh serverfarm ServerFarm1" query:

$  curl --user USER:PASSWD -d "xml_cmd=CONTEXT\">xml-show on%0A show serverfarm ServerFarm1" http://ACE_IP_ADDRESS/bin/xml_agent

I'm running curl on linux box, but I think it is available on other platforms. The code above is a one-line command, but you can write scripts/lists of commands and send them to your ACE with curl.

Here's a link provided in a neighbour discussion that gives more information: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17849

Hope this help,

Alex

Alex,

Excellent..You are the champ... I got what i required.... thanks a ton :-)

-Parvees

Marko Leopold
Level 1
Level 1

You can try out Cacti. There is an ACE-template. And if you check out the Poller-Cache you will get the SNMP-OID of the RServer. It's a bit of work to do, but in the end you get your OIDs. The OIDs are extremely long, because they have the name of the rserver included.

Merko,

We required a centralised monitoring system and it is HPOV. Currently we are using SNMP , but MIBs and OID which i tested for rserver connection didnt provided any value.

HPOV team told they can fetch the values from XML scripts.. that is why thought of this option

-Parvees

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: