Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Voice Enabled Directory Handler - Unity Connection 8.0.3

Hello,

My question is related to Voice Enabled Directory Handlers for Unity Connection 8.03.  I've created a Voice Enabled Directory Handler and have been testing it, tweaking the Speech Confidence Threshold along the way.

I've noticed mixed results when speaking the name of a staff member.  Sometimes it will find the correct person but there are times where it will suggest another name and transfer me, without giving me the opportunity to confirm if this is the correct person or not. 

I was wondering if there are other best practices or configuration areas that I can set options for the Voice Enabled Directory Handler aside from the Speech Confidence Threshold?

Thank you for your help and time,

Vince

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One trick is that you can use the Alternate Names configuration for individual subscribers to help with voice recognition.  Alternate names are different from the  version of your name listed in the corporate directory.

Unity Connection can recognize common nicknames like Bill, Cathy, Dave, and etc. but you could use Alternate Names for things like:

You are known by an uncommon nickname (William's nickname is Buddy).

You are known by additional names (middle name, maiden name, etc).

Your  name is not pronounced the way it would be read (i.e., "hooked on phonics" doesn't work for a user) - for example, your  name is Janet and is pronounced Jah-nay.  You would add the pronunciation  spelling "Jahnay" as an alternate name.

Another would be department type references.  For example, you may have a mailbox for a user but you want calls to "Sales" to be directed to them using voice recognition.  You can set up alternate names for that as well.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thank you very much for your reply! 

One of the biggest obstacles that I find and can be confusing for callers is this:

I say my name for example (Vince Cannizzaro) and the directory handler will automatically transfer me to "Vince DiPietro"

or some other different name altogether without prompting me if this is correct.  The caller does not have a chance to confirm if this indeed the party they were trying to reach.

Have you ever ran into this scenario?

Thank you for your help,

Vince

Do the alternate names only work with voice enabled searches or can they also work for the standard method where you type the first few characters of the name from the keypad?  I've been testing with the later and it doesn't seem to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: