cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Script UCCX: Select Resource Step (Resource Selected)

luis.romero
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I am modifying an script from our contact center, but I have problems with Select Resource Step. In its properties appear "Resource Selected", but I dont know what does means this item. Do you know if this value is associated to other variable ?. In my case, option is _TmpRsrc1259002983288

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I know this is an older thread but here's my take on it.

I'm relatively new to this stuff but I believe this is an optional field.  You are not forced to make a selection there to make the step work.  I believe this is just a place where you can select a "User" variable that will be populated when the "Select Resource" step gets to the "Selected" connection of the step.  You might want to use that variable for something later on.

In some of my scripts, I may push this variable's value up into a Custom Call Variable so I can see what agent the call went to.  You can also push this value into a session variable so that if the caller calls again within 30 minutes (the default) you can then see who they talked to last, perhaps reconnecting them to the same agent.

Again, I'm new so if I'm mistaken, someone please correct me.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Basically the step assigns a reference to the resource object representing the selected agent to a variable.

I've seen this in a few scripts, and guess it originates from some example script somewhere. If you search for the variable in the script (_TmpRsrc1259002983288) do you see it being used anywhere else? If not it's a fairly safe bet that you can get rid of it.

This is where someone else will probably chirp in saying it's something to do with integrating to UCCE or some such :-)

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

You'll see that in CRS/IPCC Express 3.5 or below scripts opened by the Editor on a newer UCCX system. Prior to 4.0, Select Resource returned the selected agent's username as a simple String object. On more recent versions it returns it as a UCCX-specific composite User object that contains a bit more data. The _TmpRsrc stuff is the new Editor trying to fix up the difference for you. You're free to get rid of the variable and any related code if you won't need the selected agent's info later in your script.

Frank den Haan
Level 4
Level 4

I am modifying a script as well and noticed this exact same thing under "Resource Selected". The value is _TmpRsrc1270563750492. It does not appear in anywhere else in the script.

I am curious what this is as well.

Thanks.

I know this is an older thread but here's my take on it.

I'm relatively new to this stuff but I believe this is an optional field.  You are not forced to make a selection there to make the step work.  I believe this is just a place where you can select a "User" variable that will be populated when the "Select Resource" step gets to the "Selected" connection of the step.  You might want to use that variable for something later on.

In some of my scripts, I may push this variable's value up into a Custom Call Variable so I can see what agent the call went to.  You can also push this value into a session variable so that if the caller calls again within 30 minutes (the default) you can then see who they talked to last, perhaps reconnecting them to the same agent.

Again, I'm new so if I'm mistaken, someone please correct me.

Thanks for the reply. I have since remove these _TmpRsrc values from any script that had them and they all work fine without them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: