Views
Helpful
Replies

multicast mvrf design question

eugene.fit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I got a task to implement multicast traffic throug different vrfs in existing network topology.

There is 2 vrfs: server and pc. The work separatelly, but there is a router r2 (central site), where vrfs server and pc are merged in additional vrf common (central vrf). Also, 2 route reflectors are in this topology, so all other routers are route-reflector clients of both route-reflectors. All interfaces are in sparse-dense mode, multicast and vrf multicast has already enabled as well as mdt relatonships with route-reflectors.

Now it works well using unicast, but I need to change this traffic to a multicast one.

I can't change neigher topology nor vrf import/export configuration. I am hesitating about is it possible to make multicast traffic flows between vrf's in this situation.

Green lines are described server vrf (ip vrf server)

Red lines are described pc vrf (ip vrf pc)

Black lines are described mpls lines (mpls ip)

At least multicast flows shoud work as described using blue lines

Please, give some advices about best solution to my issue:

1) how to plan mdt domains

2) how to plan pim exchange

3) may be some else

I don't know what information I can give more in this case, so it could be provided on demand.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Evgeny,

it is correct to say that this thread is closely related to the other one you have opened today?

if so I would suggest to go on that thread

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Evgeny,

it is correct to say that this thread is closely related to the other one you have opened today?

if so I would suggest to go on that thread

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello, Giuseppe. You abossutelly right, it is about the same, Let's consider this topic closed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: