cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPV6 BGP

abakhashwin
Level 1
Level 1

hi , is ASR 9006 RSP or Ethernet line cards support IPV6 BGP because i did not see it in the data sheet?.

6 Replies 6

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I don't deal with ASR9k normally but a quick check internally and I do see support for IPv6 address-family IPv6 transport should exist.

Best contact your Cisco SE to know of any restrictions.

IPv6 Unicast Routing on Cisco ASR 9000's A9K-SIP-700

Cisco ASR 9000's A9K-SIP-700 provides complete  Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) unicast capability.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.1/routing/configuration/guide/routing_cg41asr9k_chapter1.html

Marcin

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes the ASR9k support BGP for IPv6.

HTH

Laurent.

whay is the size of the full internet routing table for IPv6?

Just over 4k prefixes for now.

Samir

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

do you think enable IPv6 on internet router Gateway (GSR 12410 with PRP2) having full internet route table for IPv4 and also Plus IPv6 Full internet routing table.

now the CPU utilization is around 50% with IPv4 if we enable the IPv6 how much do you expect the increae in the CPU?.

and how is the IPv6 will be handle.is it extra process in the cpu?. do you have a document to explain?.

You should be fine. No real issues.

I am currently recieving the full routing table on 7301 for IPv4 and IPv6.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: