caller doesn't hear a ring back if the call is ringing on agent phone

Unanswered Question
Aug 26th, 2011

Hi team,

can anybody help me? Here in Germany there are a lot of customers that don't understand why the caller doesn't hear a ring back when the call is ringing on agent phone for instance with UCCX 8. I read some discussions here for that issue but the only solution for that should be to change the MOH on CUCM. This is not a very good solution when the call in queue is set to hold he will hear the ring back tone in the queue as well :-(

Has anybody another solution for that issue???

All the discussion I've read was for IPCC version 4 or so. Is there another solution for this issue in version 8.x

In one discussion I found the following solution:

Yes, To resolve this issue,Set up a Send H225 User Info Message  service parameter for Cisco CallManager service in CallManager. Perform  the following steps:

In Cisco CallManager Administration, select Service > Service Parameter.

Select the correct server from the drop-down list.

Set the service to Cisco CallManager.

In  the Send H225 User Info Message field, under the Cluster Wide  Parameters (Device - H323) section, select H225 Info for Ring Back.

Reset the H.323 voice gateway.

After completing this procedure, the caller hears ring back when the agent phone is ringing.

Does it realy work?

Need you help!

Thanks in advance.

Tobias

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Marwan ALshawi Fri, 08/26/2011 - 03:29

Hi Tobais

you right one of the solutions is to change the MOH to the ring back one

however there are two types of MOH that you need to select

use MOH is the music to be played while the call on hold/ in queue

use Network MOH which is the oneyou need to change to the ring back MOH source file so when the call get transferred to an agent ring back MOH will be played

these options under the CTI ports in UCCX

also you can search the forum here and there are many discussions about this topic

HTH

if helpful Rate

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted August 26, 2011 at 2:15 AM
Stats:
Replies:1 Avg. Rating:
Views:926 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard