cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software upgrade procedures for WAAS SM-SRE?

gwhuang5398
Level 2
Level 2

I need to upgrade a few ISR G2 router SM-SRE modules from WAAS 4.2.3 to 4.4.1. I found a SRE installation document but it doesn't have the detailed steps. I have come up with the following steps. Can someone verify if I'm missing anything?

1. Download waas-sre-installer-4.4.1.12-k9.zip to FTP server, for example 10.10.10.10

2. Unzip the file and save unzipped file in the same directory, for example WAAS_Image

3. From the router, copy and install the new image:

Router# service-module sm 1/0 install url ftp://username:passwd@10.10.10.10/WAAS_Image/waas-sre-installer-4.4.1.12-k9.bin

4. From the router, reload the module

Router# service-module sm 1/0 reload

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct doing a copy ftp install will just get the software downloaded and ready for install on reboot.  There should be no affect on normal operations.

Correct coy ftp disk will download a file to the local disk of the WAE.

-Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

If your SRE is currently running WAAS there is no need to install WAAS via the install package as you have outlined. The process you have outlined is for installing WAAS on an SRE for the first time (e.g. a blank SRE module).

Upgrading WAAS on SRE is the same as you would for any other WAAS appliance.  Either create the job in the CM and push it to the SRE or you can do the install via CLI of the WAAS device "copy ftp install "

See the upgrade section of the configuration guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v441/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1101565

Regards,

Mike Korenbaum

Cisco Data Center PDI Help Desk

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Thanks a lot. If I use "copy ftp install" from a WAE, the new image will be downloaded and installed without reloading. If I do this during normal hours, and wait till late night to reload, it should not affect the WAE running on old software during the interval. Is it correct?

If I only want to download new image to WAE without installing, is it "copy ftp disk" to copy to the WAE root directory?

Thanks again

Correct doing a copy ftp install will just get the software downloaded and ready for install on reboot.  There should be no affect on normal operations.

Correct coy ftp disk will download a file to the local disk of the WAE.

-Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: