- Silver, 250 points or more
We currently have a CUCM 8.6/CTS-Man/CTMS environment for our Telepresence system. All systems are CTS only. We currently connect to a Tandberg based system via CUBE/VCS/Telepresence server.
We are looking at the possibility of integrating the two systems together. This would involve decomissioning our CTS-Man and using their existing TMS for scheduling. The networks would be opened up to each other so that they did not have to transverse CUBE/VCS expressway.
Can someone please point me to some documentation on how to integrate TMS with our CUCM to enable scheduling?
In addition, is it possible to have a single TMS perform scheduling on both CUCM registered CTS endpoints and VCS registered Tandberg endpoints, as well as perform scheduling tasks for both CTMS and MSE8000/Telepresence server?
this is very good question, and the bellow responses are based on features that each product can provide you ( CTS-Man and TMS ) however as we know the Cisco TP world is changing and moving rapidly if any of the bellow has been updated/changed and someone can comment about it will be great for us
1- Booking Meetings
- adhoc and scheduled meetings,
- 3rd party endpoints booking,
- Ms Exchange, Domino and API
- mainly used for CTS endpoints Booking
- you can book and include cisco webex
- Ms Exchange, domino and API
- Multi vendor endpoints
- phone Books
- conf scheduling
- endpoints managment ( monitoring, Reporting, Strong Alerting..etc)
- integration with 3rd party such as Ms exchange
- "No one button to push" for CTS endpoints ( you can either add the CTS alis to the TMS rooms and book it or add the E164 of the CTS endpoint as external participant and Non of those ways are one button to push scheduled meeting !
- calendar integration
- Midware between CTS system, CUCM and Company's calendaring system
- provide "one button to push" for scheduled meetings
- provide simplified InterOp scheduling such as via Cisco MXE
- Live desck option, and CTMS Geographical Selection
so each of them can provide you with options and features and its depends on your business needs you might keep both or just go with one, if you have VCS endpoints i would say you will need the TMS for sure