Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM, CTS and TMS integration

We currently have a CUCM 8.6/CTS-Man/CTMS environment for our Telepresence system.  All systems are CTS only.  We currently connect to a Tandberg based system via CUBE/VCS/Telepresence server.

We are looking at the possibility of integrating the two systems together.  This would involve decomissioning our CTS-Man and using their existing TMS for scheduling.  The networks would be opened up to each other so that they did not have to transverse CUBE/VCS expressway.

Can someone please point me to some documentation on how to integrate TMS with our CUCM to enable scheduling?

In addition, is it possible to have a single TMS perform scheduling on both CUCM registered CTS endpoints and VCS registered Tandberg endpoints, as well as perform scheduling tasks for both CTMS and MSE8000/Telepresence server?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nick

this is very good question, and the bellow responses are based on features that each product can provide you ( CTS-Man and TMS ) however as we know the Cisco TP world is changing and moving rapidly if any of the bellow has been updated/changed and  someone can comment about it will be great for us

1- Booking Meetings

TMS:

- adhoc and scheduled meetings,

- 3rd party endpoints booking,

- Ms Exchange, Domino and API

CTS-Man:

- mainly used for CTS endpoints Booking

- you can book and include cisco webex

- Ms Exchange, domino and API

2- Features

TMS:

- Multi vendor endpoints

- phone Books

- conf scheduling

- endpoints managment ( monitoring, Reporting, Strong Alerting..etc)

- provisioning

- integration with 3rd party such as Ms exchange

- "No one button to push" for CTS endpoints ( you can either add the CTS alis to the TMS rooms and book it or add the E164 of the CTS endpoint as external participant and Non of those ways are one button to push scheduled meeting !

CTS-MAN

- calendar integration

- Midware between CTS system, CUCM and Company's calendaring system

- provide "one button to push" for scheduled meetings

- provide simplified InterOp scheduling such as via Cisco MXE

- Live desck option, and CTMS Geographical Selection

so each of them can provide you with options and features and its depends on your business needs you might keep both or just go with one, if you have VCS endpoints i would say you will need the TMS for sure

HTH

Marwan

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nick

this is very good question, and the bellow responses are based on features that each product can provide you ( CTS-Man and TMS ) however as we know the Cisco TP world is changing and moving rapidly if any of the bellow has been updated/changed and  someone can comment about it will be great for us

1- Booking Meetings

TMS:

- adhoc and scheduled meetings,

- 3rd party endpoints booking,

- Ms Exchange, Domino and API

CTS-Man:

- mainly used for CTS endpoints Booking

- you can book and include cisco webex

- Ms Exchange, domino and API

2- Features

TMS:

- Multi vendor endpoints

- phone Books

- conf scheduling

- endpoints managment ( monitoring, Reporting, Strong Alerting..etc)

- provisioning

- integration with 3rd party such as Ms exchange

- "No one button to push" for CTS endpoints ( you can either add the CTS alis to the TMS rooms and book it or add the E164 of the CTS endpoint as external participant and Non of those ways are one button to push scheduled meeting !

CTS-MAN

- calendar integration

- Midware between CTS system, CUCM and Company's calendaring system

- provide "one button to push" for scheduled meetings

- provide simplified InterOp scheduling such as via Cisco MXE

- Live desck option, and CTMS Geographical Selection

so each of them can provide you with options and features and its depends on your business needs you might keep both or just go with one, if you have VCS endpoints i would say you will need the TMS for sure

HTH

Marwan

Thanks for that.  I heard that OBTP functionality will eventually be coming to TMS, we certainly wouldn't want to lose than feature so I hope that's the case.

So is there any way I can schedule CTS endpoints via OBTP and other endpoints that don't support OBTP in the same meeting?

I would want CTS users to come in and press their button to start the meeting, while Telepresence server dials out to the remaining participants.  I'd be happy to use CTS-Man, TMS or a combination of both.

Hi Nick

I checked about this with Andrew from cisco in the ask the expert session and apparently the new version of CTS-man can support OBTP to most of CTS endpoint types see bellow:

Cisco TelePresence Manager supports call  scheduling and one-button-to-push calling across the entire endpoint  portfolio, with the Cisco TelePresence System Series (CTS), Cisco  TelePresence System EX Series (EX Series), Cisco TelePresence System C  Series (C Series), Cisco TelePresence System Profile Series (Profile  Series) and Cisco TelePresence MX200.

Reference Material:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps8329/ps8331/ps7074/product_data_sheet0900aecd805455ff.html

Hope this help

Thanks for the reply.

What I'm asking is if we can schedule meetings via Telepresence Server so that non-OBTP-capable endpoints can join the meeting as they do currently (i.e. TP server dials them at the meeting start time) while CTS endpoints can join the same meeting via OBTP?

Well this looks now like interop booking

With cuvc used to be done using CTS-man and cuvc manager not sure how this can done using the TP server

But logically this has to be setup same way as interop multipoint call and booking and I will be interested if you find out how and update the discussion here !

Well it's interop, but not using CUVC.  We have a CUVC but we never use it.

When doing CTS only calls, we use CTMS via OBTP.

We currently use TP server/MSE8000 to perform CTS to non-CTS calls.  In this case, the Telepresence server dials out to CTS and non-CTS endpoints and the meeting does not appear on the phone.

I'm pretty sure that you can get to TP server via OBTP for CTS-only meetings, or the capability is at least coming soon.

What I want to know is can we combine both functions - OBTP for TP endpoints, TP server dialling non-CTS endpoints in the same meeting.

Hi Nick

Just to give you an update about OBTP which is supported in TMS v13

Not sure how to be done you can research it but it is possible

Edit:

the way you go is TMS v13.x for CTS and VCS endpoints with OBTP, unless you need webex integration/booking then CTS-Man required in this case

Hope this help

Message was edited by: Marwan

Hi,

Sorry for bringing up this old topic.

Just to confirm, that TMS 13 is able to support WebEX integration? Or CTS-Man is still required for WebEX integration?

Am looking at the TMS installation guide (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/install_guide/Cisco_TMS_install_guide_13-2.pdf)

WebEx integration

For WebEx booking to work, the booking user must have a WebEx username and password defined as their

Web Conference Username and Web Conference Password in their Cisco TMS profile. This ensures that

the correct user "owns" the meeting in WebEx and can log in and operate the WebEx conference.

Thanks!

Boonchin,

WebEx OneTouch still requires the CTS-Manager and CTMS.

The WebEx feature in the TMS only schedules a WebEx meeting concurrently with the meeting scheduled on TMS. There is no integration of the audio video or content between the video conference and the WebEx conference.

Thanks,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: