cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 Wireless Recording with Built In Bridge?

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Has anyone tried to use a wireless 9971 phone and SIP recording to Zoom/etc?  I have a wired 9971 recording fine with Zoom but a wireless 9971 does not record with same phone settings. If I disable wireless on 9971 and plug it in it records fine.

I'm not able to find any cisco docs on wireless versus wired for recording feature.

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Interesting, I haven't tried it, I wonder if it's disabled due to the extra traffic that is sent with recording enabled.  I'll try this out when I get to the office and let you know what I find.  There might be a message printed in the phone console logs about recording being disabled when connected wirelessly.

I confirmed that recording does not work if you are using wireless on a 9971.  I'm looking into why this isn't documented if it truely is by design.

Any updates to this? We're planning on configuring some 9971's for WiFi and would like to know if this is truly a limitation.

We have it working, it was a wireless controller issue. We had to disable call admissioin control on the WLC and it works fine and that also cleared up some other 9971 isues we had. Before we disabled the Call Admission Control on the controller, we had set the max # of calls/streams and the max bandwidth values to the max value also and that did not help, until we disabled the call admission control completely.  We only have a dozen or so phones on the wireless so not really a big deal for us at this time having that disabled.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: