Blocking Calls into CUCM

Unanswered Question
Sep 7th, 2011

Have you ever wanted to block a call into CUCM based on the calling party number?  Well, unless you used H323 Gateways and did call blocking logic at the gateway itself, there was no way to do this natively in CUCM. 

But in CUCM 8.0, there was a new feature added that enables an administrator the ability to add call filtering based on called party number.  For more information, check out https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18367

As the author of this document, I am interested your feedback.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mmoulson1 Wed, 09/07/2011 - 14:15

Great new feature!

I get customers asking for this and the answer was always not with an MGCP gateway!

I will look forward to trying it!

Matty

Marwan ALshawi Wed, 09/07/2011 - 15:06

This Great Document Dan Well Done

so this feature once you match a Translation pattern with the route next hop by calling party the translation wil look into a matching TP pattern with the source calling number ?

Joe Martini Wed, 09/07/2011 - 16:11

Correct, the calling party number at the time of the TP match that has route next hop by calling party, will be used as the called party essentially to pick the next destination.

bnugier Wed, 01/04/2012 - 12:06

I tried implementing this on CUCM 8.6.2 and and I am able to block calls based on calling number and route all other calls excpet for the calls without caller ID.  They still get blocked even though I created a blank translation pattern exactly like the ! translation pattern.

robloeber Wed, 01/04/2012 - 12:29

Two comments.  First, it's about time! Second, thanks for the write-up, I tried this in my lab and it works perfectly!

bnugier Wed, 01/04/2012 - 12:33

How did you get the calls with no caller ID to work?

robloeber Wed, 01/04/2012 - 12:35

Sorry, I should have left a more detailed answer.  I havent tested calls without CID.  I will follow up when I do.

dakeller Wed, 01/04/2012 - 16:03

Billy,

As author of this document, I am interested in the issue you are seeing.  The NULL translation needs to be in the same partition as your blocked patterns.  Based on how digit analysis works, if a calling party number is present and does not match a blocked pattern, it should match the ! pattern and route.  If there is no calling party number, then digit analysis should match the pattern and route the call.  With that said, make sure the ! and translations look the same (partition and CSS).

If you have verified this, please get a CCM SDI capture of an inbound call and send me the trace file for review. Just make sure you provide the time and the called party number so I can trace it.  My email is dakeller@cisco.com.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted September 7, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Stats:
Replies:8 Avg. Rating:
Views:2496 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content