Views
Helpful
Replies

sip integration between cucm 6.1.2 and nortel system problem

ayoussef.kamal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have a sip integration between cucm 6.1.2 and nortel system. i am getting drop calls sometimes when call from cisco phone to nortel phone through the sip trunk with the following error from nortel side.

what is the problem? any ideas ?

Message body

08/09/2011 17:55:11 LOG0003 SIPNPM: sipNpmUriToNumCreate: Invalid uri value <31.32.14.65>;tag=c018750d-3e9e-42c4-a006-11fc91b195bc-43243424>

7 Replies 7

Jing Hua
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ayoussef,

Would you mind to provide more information on this?

1. detaield cucm version and your nortel pbx version.

2. issue only happened when Cisco Phone iniciate call to Nortel phone, am I right?

3. you might want to uploaded detailed ccm sdi and sdl trace when you re-produce the issue. pls let us know calling, called number and time when issue happens.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml 

1. detaield cucm version and your nortel pbx version.

cucm version is 6.1.2. nortel pbx version is 1000S 4.5

2. issue only happened when Cisco Phone iniciate call to Nortel phone, am I right?

yes you are right.

3. you might want to uploaded detailed ccm sdi and sdl trace when you re-produce the issue. pls let us know calling, called number and time when issue happens.

calling number is ex. 4477 called number is *2000124 always

Any logs?

Hello

I've given up installation of SIP trunk between CUCM and Nortel CS1000 rls 4.5

Nortel rls 4.5 is very old.

As far as your problem is concerned, Nortel uses a proprietary SIP message that includes a "phone-context" information behind the standard SIP syntax. Many endpoints do not understand these messages.

And also I've discovered that with rls 4.5 the Session Description Protocol is encapsulated into MIME. Message body -> MIME -> SDP  => this is not standard.

Could be the cause of your problem.

Also try using IP instead of FQDN names when talking to Nortel, otherwise it does not work. Your error message indicated an invalid uri value. Sniff what CUCM sends to Nortel.

Consider using QSIG for interconnection. It works and allows basic features.

Hi,

The nearest compatability config doc I can see is

CUCM 6.0 to Nortel CS1000 Rel 4.0 via SIP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/616799nt.pdf

May be some pointers here especially with the Nortel side of the set up.

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Jing,

logs are very large.could you tell what you need exactly?

Jean,

could you the conf you need me to do in details?

Alex,

that is the pdf i have already did.

Hi Ayoussef,

I only need ccm log on all servers conver non-working calls so I don't believe it will be large.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: