cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to play an audio file instead of ringback when calling an extension

yassine.selmi
Level 1
Level 1

I have an AA with an custom script uploaded which plays an audio file when a call comes, then it redirects it to a specific fixed extension. (script made with cisco unity express script editor)

I want those steps together, so that it plays the audio file when ringing on the specific extension, the audio message stops when the destination takes the call.

I made an AA with the extention 600, the specific fixed extension is the 250.

My solution was to redirect the call to 600 and 250 simultaneously, but no way. i cannot make a call rings on an AA + user extension at the same time.

Anyone can tell me how to do that ? or any suggestion in my script ?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Yassine,

I know when using a B-ACD it does what you are asking, assuming I read your question right.

Basically if you setup a call queuing system using CCA to setup the B-ACD, when a user is placed in the holding pattern (And listens to comfort music) the system will ring around to either idel, peer or sequential extensions until someone picks it up, in this arrangement you can have announcements and then MOH and the announcements can drop-mode in at your designated time.

Not sure if this is suitable for your arrangement or what you want to do, but it is a method and you can throw in the mix of an AA into it, much more of a tricky process but have done it and it works well, but man to maintain it if the client wants changes is Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a headache

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

i really don't know how to use BACD, and in my UC520 (i'm connected to the UC520 with CCA) it says :

"Basic ACD scripts not found or the supported version not detected in flash (...) "

i finally can't just redirect the call to the AA (600) and the operator phone (250) simulatneously because when ringing on those 2 extensions, the AA takes automatically the call and the operator will never take the call.

I still don't have a solution to this issue, I will try to better understand BACD and then try to work with.

Thank you David

If there is a simplest way, i'll be happy to hear about it.

Hi Yassine,

What version of Software pack are you running?

You can manually upload the script to the system, but CCA should be able to manage this for you, it is located in the Software Pack ZIP file and the latest one is in version 8.2, if you are not on the latest Software Pack is there any chance you can upgrade to it and get the latest scripts and IOS on the system?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: