cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does WAP4410N support Wireless Guest access solution?

pcce5w2hlh
Level 4
Level 4

Does the Linksys AP (WAP4410N) support Wireless Guest access solution?

2 Replies 2

ewood2624
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, it will support 4 ssids. Just create one of them as a guest WLAN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10052/index.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi - I've got a WAP4410N which I'd like to use to provide wireless guest access, and I've had a look through the configuration pages and manual, and understand:

1) I've got to add a virtual SSID (although I'd like to know where the DHCP settings are as I don't believe the WAP4410N has DHCP capabilities)

2) I need to ensure that traffic can't hop across the multiple SSIDs

What I'd like to know is whether the WAP4410N can be set up to display a terms and conditions page which users have to "OK" or whether it can host a login page that can be administered by someone to allow access - kind of like hotels use to ensure that not everyone can automatically connect?  I don't mind if there has to be a secondary piece of software hosted on a server someone, but I'd like to prevent people from being able to automatically connect straight to our connection and would also like to limit them in some way, at very least the bandwidth that the connection allows, at best the sites they can visit too.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: