Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N portforwarding is not working

vipinrajrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts,

I tried to crete a single port forwarding for RDP for my PC.

Router has a static Public IP. I did the following

firewall --> sigle port forward --> Application name --> RDP

---> External port --> 2000

--> Internal port -->3389

protocol --> TCP --------------------> Then "enable"

But port forwarding is not working.

Did i miss any configuration???? Please suggest......

Thanks

Vipin

Thanks and Regards, Vipin
2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Vipin,

No , you didn't miss anything, this should be working. I would verify that port 2000 is open by from the outside. You should be able to scan it with Nmap. Also try another port rather than 2000. Next make sure the PC you are sending RDP traffic has a Default gateway of WRVS4400N - If you only have WRVS4400N(Router), and it's giving out DHCP - then this really shouldn't be a problem. Also make sure you are running latest firmware on WRVS4400N...

firewall --> sigle port forward --> Application name --> RDP

---> External port --> 2000

--> Internal port -->3389

protocol --> TCP -----(PC IP-address)-----> Then "enable"

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282414016&softwareid=282487380&release=2.0.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

chchapma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you provide the version number of the WRVS4400N that you have?  You can find this information on the bottom of the product located on the product id label.  You should see no version info if it is a version 1.0.  If it is version 1.1 it will be marked as such.  If it is a version 2.0 it will be marked as such.  This information will help determine which firmware image you should be using with the product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: