Views
Helpful
Replies

Restriction SSID Per User with ACS 5.x version

ittichai_a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to ask some question on WLAN technology, which I using WiSM version 2. And i get requirement that user must be restrict with SSID, so, i found that it can do it on ACS version 4.x via NAR for SSID-based authentication feature. Then, is it possible to do restriction on ACS Version 5.x?

Please give me the idea or help

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By typing the command "config radius callstationidtype ap-macaddr-ssid" on the controller command line, the Radius "call station id" will be the ap mac address concatenated with the SSID name.

You can then simply create an authentication policy on ACS that only allows a certain user group when the radius "callstation id" ends with "ssid name".

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for you answer, but i have few question to ask you that you said that

"You can then simply create an authentication policy on ACS that only allows a certain user group when the radius "callstation id" ends with "ssid name" < Is it support on ACS version 5.x ?

Thanks

There is a guide how to achieve this with ACS4.2:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807669af.shtml

(you probably know that one)

This is also working with ACS5.x, maybe this can help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/user/guide/pol_elem.html#wp1074194

Be careful when configuring a DNIS in ACS5, maybe you are hitting CSCtk16271 (but there is an easy workaround, so this will definitely work!)

Regards

Stefan

That's THE way to do it under ACS 5 so of course it's supported :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card