Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Notifications

sbutcher1988
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am struggling to enable voicemail to email notifications. I have enabled relay on Exchange 2007 and have configured the SMTP settings on the UC540. I have also put the user credentials for SMTP authentication. However, when a voicemail is left for a user no email appears. The user concerned is enabled to receive notifications and their correct address is present.

When I try to trace the issue, I receive connection refused (shown below). Has anyone had this issue before? Am I missed anything to enable voicemail to email?

21CUC540#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session

Trying 10.1.10.2, 2002 ...

% Connection refused by remote host

21CUC540#

(The UC540 is not being used as a router so I have added a static route to allow it to access the internet etc. This is confirmed with ping. The box can also ping the server. Not using it as a router wouldn't cause this problem would it?)

Also worth mentioning, I am not seeing any attempts for the UC540 to connect to the exchange server in netstat or event logs. I have confirmed the smtp details are correct and that relay is appropriately configured which makes me suspect it is related to the above connection issue. If I go to 10.1.10.2 I am able to login through the portal.

5 Replies 5

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Stuart,

The "connection refused by remote host" is most likely because another connection already exists.  You are only allowed to have one connection at a time..  (Is CCA open?)  You can clear the connections with this command:  "service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session clear".

Once you are in the CUE CLI, you can run the following to see what is going on with the email notification:

clear trace

trace voicemail msgnotif all

trace entitymanager NotifDevice all

trace smtp all

show trace buffer tail

Thank you,

Darren

thanks  Darren 

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I would guess this is a routing issue -- I've seen this before. You need to make sure your exchange server can route to 10.1.10.0/24 (Gateway should be the UC540's LAN address). On the other hand you say you are able to connect to 10.1.10.2.... so maybe thats not the issue, but a good thing to check anyway. Good luck.

Daniel I agree. pinging 10.1.10.1 from the server to confirm, if it fails add a route via command prompt:

route -p add 10.1.10.0 mask 255.255.255.252 UC_Data_IP_Address metric 1

Then ping again.

Thanks everyone for sharing your input. I have resolved the issue by manually adding a static route as suggested. However, instead of adding this to the Exchange server, I added it to the router. It is now working brilliantly.

Thanks again.