cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure etherchannel load-balance policy for one Po1 interface?

Igor Tiunov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Experts!

How can I set a policy of load-balancing etherchannel for only one interface Po1? This policy be applied to this interface only, and NOT applied to other interfaces.

Device:

C2960G

IOS:

c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I don't think you can as load balancing is configured globally not per Portchannel interface.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Somasundaram Jayaraman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

++ Load balance algorithm can be applied only to the port-channel. By default the load-balance algorithm will be source mac & Destination Mac.

++ Whenever a packet is arrived on the port-channel interfaces, the packet will be forwarded on any one of the interfaces based on the source mac & destination mac.

++ You can set the load-distribution method based on the source MAC address by using the

port-channel load-balance src-mac in global configuration mode.

Command
Purpose

Step 1 

configure terminal

Enter global configuration mode.

Step 2 

port-channel load-balance {dst-ip | dst-mac | src-dst-ip | src-dst-mac | src-ip | src-mac}

Configure an EtherChannel load-balancing method.

The default is src-mac.

Select one of these load-distribution methods:

dst-ip—Load distribution is based on the destination-host IP address.

dst-mac—Load distribution is based on the destination-host MAC address of the incoming packet.

src-dst-ip—Load distribution is based on the source-and-destination host-IP address.

src-dst-mac—Load distribution is based on the source-and-destination host-MAC address.

src-ip—Load distribution is based on the source-host IP address.

src-mac—Load distribution is based on the source-MAC address of the incoming packet.

Step 3 

end

Return to privileged EXEC mode.

Step 4 

show etherchannel load-balance

Verify your entries.

Step 5 

copy running-config startup-config

(Optional) Save your entries in the configuration file.

To return EtherChannel load balancing to the default configuration, use the no port-channel load-balance global configuration command.

useful links:

===========

-http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_53_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html#wp1276203

-http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094646.shtml

-http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_58_se/release/notes/OL24337.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Somu

Rate helpful posts

Thank you for your reply!

This is not what I need.

I have several Po interfaces on the switch. I need to for different Po interfaces worked different policy etherchannel. For Example,

Po1 - dst-mac;

Po2 - src-mac;

Po3 - dst-ip.

Can I set up this configuration?

Hi,

I don't think you can as load balancing is configured globally not per Portchannel interface.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Thank you. I understood everything.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: