cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call control groups in UCCX

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All. We are creating Call Control Groups in UCCX 8.5 for the agents and noticed something strange. We initially created a call control group that had 10 CTI ports. We started at 2550 and it created the phones and DN's in CUCM 8.6 fine. We then deleted the CTI ports and DN's in CUCM first and then deleted the call control group in UCCX. We do realize now that we could have deleted the group in UCCX and the phone's and DN's would have been removed automatically from CUCM. However after doing the manual delete if we create a new call control group and start at 2550 it will not start at 2550 but jumps to 2560. It somehow thinks the 2550-2559 ports are still there even though they are removed from CUCM. Do I need to restart some service so that UCCX recognizes these ports again?

Thanks,

Phil

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

frzhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Restart AXL CTI Manager in CUCM may help. UCCX tells CUCM to create CTI ports from your specified starting number, CUCM decides the rest.

View solution in original post

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Phil

Basically when you deleted the CTI Port devices, the DNs are not deleted, they are orphaned. Go to Route Plan Report (in the CCMAdmin call routing menu) and run it, change the drop-down box to 'unassigned DNs'. You'll see your 255x DNs, and you can deleted them from there.

They are then available to be created from UCCX. UCCX basically checks whether the numbers exist, and if they already exist (including as orphaned/unassigned DNs) it skips over them until it finds the next free number.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

frzhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Restart AXL CTI Manager in CUCM may help. UCCX tells CUCM to create CTI ports from your specified starting number, CUCM decides the rest.

We also had the same issue on a 9.x cluster.  Restarting the Cisco Tomcat service on both UCCX servers in the cluster, as well as the PUB and SUBs in the CUCM cluster, fixed the issue for us.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Phil

Basically when you deleted the CTI Port devices, the DNs are not deleted, they are orphaned. Go to Route Plan Report (in the CCMAdmin call routing menu) and run it, change the drop-down box to 'unassigned DNs'. You'll see your 255x DNs, and you can deleted them from there.

They are then available to be created from UCCX. UCCX basically checks whether the numbers exist, and if they already exist (including as orphaned/unassigned DNs) it skips over them until it finds the next free number.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Frzhang, that did create the correct starting number once I restarted those services in CUCM.

Aaron, I did do a test on this and did see the orphaned DN's. Once I removed them it did start at the correct number after I removed the call control group from CCX. I tried just changing the port count to one then moving up to a higher number and that did not work. Thanks!

we faced the same problem we tried waht you said above but the same issue and when restart the standby UCCX  server , the problem solved

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: