cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7K Switch is displaying "%TACACS-3-TACACS_ERROR_MESSAGE: All servers failed to respond" error.

James Matthews
Level 1
Level 1

I seem to be getting this error every two minutes or so. Everything on the switch works ok, including tacacs (I can log onto the switch using my ACS account) so I don't see why I'm getting this error?

Can anyone assist?

7 Replies 7

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What code are you running?

Do you have no ip domain-lookup configured?

Regards,

jerry

We're running version 5.1.1.

We have "ip domain-lookup" configured. I believe there is an unspecified bug which means you cannot do a "copy run start" if you have "no ip domain-lookup" and no domain specified.

Hi James,

If you issue the test aaa command does it return an error, and if so what is that error?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

No errors are returned -

DS0102# test aaa server tacacs+ 10.184.100.45 0355414 ######## user has been authenticated

DS0102# test aaa group LTSB 0355414 ####### user has been authenticated

Have you configured shared keys for the TACACS?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

You are hitting CSCtj83417 bug with this behaviour. This is fixed in 5.2(1) release posted on CCO.

HTH,

-amit singh

Amit, The only possible reason that it is hitting CSCtj83417 bug is ip domain lookup is configured after TACACS is enabled and configured. Otherwise, it doesn't match the condiction in the bug.

James, you are running a very bad code 5.1.1. You should upgrade it to 5.1.4 or so. If you are indeed hitting CSCtj83417, you can try a system switchover to see that goes away.

Regards,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco