Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

music on hold for Unity Connection 8x

Hi everybody,

I just have a question about music on hold for Cisco Unity Connection 8x. How can I change it?

It happens that i have my personal MOH , but then when a second call comes and the lines are busy , after hearing my music on hold for a while, the automatic IVR message starts saying: "sorry the lines are busy, If you want to hold In queue press 1, to leave a message press 2 etc..." and after pressing 1 it puts me on hold with another MOH (the default one I think), different from the one i choosed in the cisco Unified CM Administration.

So it's like I have 2 different musics on hold during the same call.

That's my problem, can someone help me?

Thank you all,

Marco.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

keithknowles
Level 1
Level 1

Just off the top I would suspect that the secondary (default) music is the MoH that is assigned to the ports between Unity Connection and CUCM, when a call goes into the "queue" it is being held on a port from Unity Connection not as a secondary call on your line where you have defined your MoH.  Make sense?

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marco,

For the Music on Hold, check the Device pool that the VM ports are associated with (look at Network MOH).Network hold is involved when a call is transferred, conferenced, etc. User hold is used when a user presses the Hold softkey. 

So if you create or already have the VM ports in their own device pool then you can reference

the custom MOH file at that config level.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Marco,

I'm glad you posted back because I tried this all out in the lab and

realised exactly what you were hearing Then I went looking for an answer,

here is a response from the ultimate Unity design engineer Jeff Lindborg from

the BU @ Cisco that built/designed Unity and Unity Connection.

"The only time Unity plays hold music is when you have holding setup for a subscriber and

then you'll hear Lesslie (the Unity lady) ask if you'd like to hold or leave a message- after

that you hear the hold music (10 different WAv files are used for the hold music options).

After each you are again asked if you'd like to continue to hold."

From this thread;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1185865#1185865

Now this Q&A came from a discussion related to Unity but I'd be 99.9%

sure this is the exact same for Unity Connection.

Cheers!

Rob

9 Replies 9

keithknowles
Level 1
Level 1

Just off the top I would suspect that the secondary (default) music is the MoH that is assigned to the ports between Unity Connection and CUCM, when a call goes into the "queue" it is being held on a port from Unity Connection not as a secondary call on your line where you have defined your MoH.  Make sense?

Yes you are right, but do you know if there is a way to customize it?

In the ports configuration (the ports I'm using between Unity Connection and CUCM) there is nothing concerning MOH.

Thanx again for replying me,

Marco.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marco,

For the Music on Hold, check the Device pool that the VM ports are associated with (look at Network MOH).Network hold is involved when a call is transferred, conferenced, etc. User hold is used when a user presses the Hold softkey. 

So if you create or already have the VM ports in their own device pool then you can reference

the custom MOH file at that config level.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

yes I've created a Device pool and associated with my VM ports, but in the Device pool configuration I don't have any MoH voice.

I've checked anyway about what you said (Network MoH and User MoH settings) and I've found them in "Service Parameter Configuration - Cisco Call manager" already with the same value (ID = 1).

I've found them also in the "Common device configuration" and I've added one and configurated with the same audio source, then linked on the Device Configuration of my VM ports. Also in the "Device - Phone" configuration it's the same.

I still have doubts about where is the other default MoH linked.

Are you sure it's a Call Manager setting, can't be about Unity Connection?

Thank you,

Marco.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marco,

Sorry, my bad

The MOH relationship for the CUC ports is actually built via the Common Device Configuration

settings that are applied to the individual CUC Voicemail ports (via CUCM). Have a look at what the

ports are using in CUCM and either adjust the MOH references or build a new

Common Device Configuration profile that uses the custom MOH and reconfig the ports

accordingly.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

first of all thanx for the quick replies! =)

Ok about the Common Device Configuration everything is already set, but I think the problem is not there.

I'll try to explain you my situation.

On the Cisco Unity Connection Administration I manage the incoming calls through a System Call Handler that I've created. This Call Handler has a Transfer Rule (Standard) on the Extension 310 (my Hunt Pilot number).

In the Transfer Rule when you choose Extension you can also decide the Transfer Type: "Release to Switch" or "Supervise Transfer". I've selected "Supervise Transfer" so I can manage also the "If the extesions in Busy:" voice, where I've selected "put callers on hold without asking". I think the MoH problem is here.

With this setting everything suites perfect for my needs, because there is a IVR automatic message that tells the caller to wait in queue, and asks to press "1" if wants to keep holding, press "2" to try another operator etc. but then here I have the problem because if they decide to hold pressing "1", it starts with the other Music on Hold that I've no idea from whereabout is coming.

The weird thing is that in this "Supervise Transfer" option there are settings for the extension if is busy, but nothing more is configurable (unlike the Greetings section for example) as precisely MoH, personal IVR recording etc. and as I said, I can't either find where all this (MoH and IVR message) comes from.

I hope I was clear,

really thank you for your time.

Marco

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Marco,

I'm glad you posted back because I tried this all out in the lab and

realised exactly what you were hearing Then I went looking for an answer,

here is a response from the ultimate Unity design engineer Jeff Lindborg from

the BU @ Cisco that built/designed Unity and Unity Connection.

"The only time Unity plays hold music is when you have holding setup for a subscriber and

then you'll hear Lesslie (the Unity lady) ask if you'd like to hold or leave a message- after

that you hear the hold music (10 different WAv files are used for the hold music options).

After each you are again asked if you'd like to continue to hold."

From this thread;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1185865#1185865

Now this Q&A came from a discussion related to Unity but I'd be 99.9%

sure this is the exact same for Unity Connection.

Cheers!

Rob

Ok Rob, so it looks like they still don't have an answer to solve this problem...

Thank you anyway!

Marco

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are most welcome Marco! Have a great weekend

Cheers!

Rob