Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

More fun with SPA500S - Buttons all light, then go out.

Unanswered Question
Sep 20th, 2011
User Badges:

On one install, we have a UC320W with a dozen phones, mostly SPA504's but a few SPA525s too.

We also have 3 SPA500S sidecars on the SPA525s.

Every once in a while, all 32 buttons on a sidecar will light up orange, and remain lit for a period of time (a couple minutes to 10 minutes).

The buttons seem to work from what the client tells us, but they are showing orange.

The phones that correspond to those extensions also appear to be working during this time.

One one phone/sidecar that this is happening on, it is connected to the UC320W wirelessly (and the UC320W is only about 10 ft from the phone).

Anyone seen this issue before?

Firmware is 2.1.1

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Trad Thu, 09/22/2011 - 15:05
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2013 Small Business

Hi John,

It almost sounds like a resync is happening, does the phone itself do a quick refresh during this period?

Cheers,

David.

John Hoyt Fri, 09/23/2011 - 09:36
User Badges:

David...  I'm not sure whether it is refreshing when it happens. The person/s this is happening to have made no mention of anything other than the buttons acting wonky. I will ask them to keep their eyes open!

Thanks!   Have a great weekend!!!

Christopher Edg... Thu, 09/22/2011 - 15:31
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi John,

New in the 2.1.1 firmware at the bottom of the Wireless page is the ability to force the UC320W to use a different WiFi channel.  You might try forcing to a channel (APPLY required) to see if that helps (start with 6 or 11 then move to others).  I saw this in our lab but thought it might be due to the 30+ other Access Points in the same area.

Chris

John Hoyt Fri, 09/23/2011 - 09:39
User Badges:

Chris,

Ohhhhh good thinking.... They have a number of very high output Cisco APs there, could be causing adjacent channel interference...

I will see if your suggestion doesn't help and let you know!

Thank you,

John

Actions

This Discussion