cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10Gb Cisco Switch for HP c7000 Enclosure?

Justin Holland
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

We currently use the Cisco 3020 blade switch in our HP c7000 enclosures.  We have been hoping for a 10Gb version of the 3020.  I have heard rumors of an announcement this Fall, but no official word on that.  Will it ever be a reality?

Regards,

Justin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only blade switch (for HP) that has 10Gb is the 3120X.

Yes, the 3120 will allow for 10Gb back to the core.  But still offers only 1Gb to each blade server.

I am hoping Cisco will offer the next generation of this, with 10Gb to each blade server within the chassis.

Any Cisco moderators here who can float this question up?

Regards,

Justin

Unfortunately is not just up to Cisco.  We had an offering the Nexus 4000 (10G switch for blade access) for both IBM and HP Chassis.  HP decided to drop this product for whatever reasons... 

There is a FEX coming for the HP Chassis.  If I can dig up some public available details I'll let post them in this thread.

Regards,

Robert

HP decided to drop this product for whatever reasons...

Let me hazard a guess ... UCS? 

Is this what you are looking for?

Cisco Nexus B22 Blade Fabric Extender for HP

tiwang
Level 3
Level 3

had a similary problem with Dell blades - we are using 10Gbps pass-through modules instead and then into a nx5k

Yeah, just came out.

Google search for the HP Cisco Fex, part 641146-B21

There are strong rumours around the HP certification fr nexus 4000 coming soon.

Your HP SEs should communicate around that if you ask them the question.

Justin Holland
Level 1
Level 1

Sigh....   Yes, looks like the B22HP would meet our needs.  UNFORTUNATELY, we just bought the Nexus 7000 - not the 5000.

Thanks for all the replies.

Justin

The B22HP will probably be supported some day on the 7000 (it's only a 2000). Ask your Cisco SE for more details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: