cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4507R+E Licensing Issue\IP base license not working

makarizo208
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4507R+e Licensing Issue.  I had the 4500e license pack emailed to me.  I followed the procedures on the license pack, went to the website gave them the Chassis serial number on got my license successfully then applied it.  As it applied it showed it was successfully applied.  I then did a "show version" and it said the current level was lanbase with a " reboot level = ipbase and License = ipbase ". 

So at this point it looked like it worked however when I rebooted (three times or more) the output of the show version still says it is at a Lan base license level and I know it is still at Lanbase level because SSO redundancy mode is not an option (it should work with an IP base license).  Below is my output from "show version" and "show license all"

Switch>  sh version

--Output Omitted---

License Information for 'WS-X45-SUP7-E'

License Level: lanbase   Type: Default. No valid license found.

Next reboot license Level: lanbase License Information for 'WS-X45-SUP7-E'
    License Level: lanbase   Type: Default. No valid license found.
    Next reboot license Level: lanbase

Switch>  sh license all
License Store: Primary License Storage
StoreIndex: 0 Feature: ipbase  Version: 1.0
      License Type: Permanent
      License State: Active, Not in Use
      License Count: Non-Counted
      License Priority: Medium
License Store: Dynamic License Storage
StoreIndex: 0 Feature: entservices  Version: 1.0
      License Type: Evaluation
        Evaluation total period: 8 weeks 4 days
        Evaluation period left: 8 weeks 3 days
      License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA accepted
      License Count: Non-Counted
      License Priority: Low

so the IPbase license appears to be on there but not active. The switch is does not have access to the internet.  It is in a lab environment.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Any Ideas?  How do I activate the license? 

2 Replies 2

Kelvin Willacey
Level 4
Level 4

I had quite a few issues with this myself it said it was there but whenever i reboot the switch it still said lanbase until i added "license boot level ipbase" saved and rebooted and it worked fine. You can try that.

Thanks for the tip  "license boot level entservices" saved and rebooted worked for me.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card