cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM based on Presence Status

apanesar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Is there a way of passing calls direct to CUC VM based on your CUPS presence status i.e. when status is Away or DND??

Runnng CUCM, CUC an CUPS all version 8.5.x.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes but only for Do Not Disturb (which is syncronized with CUCM across the PUBLISH trunk). The CUCM DND feature has two modes of operation: soft and hard reject. Soft reject (the default) only silences the ringer. Hard reject essentially enacts a call forward all to voicemail. You can change this on the physical phone or through a Common Phone Profile.

Hi Jonathan,

I have configured the DND Call reject setting. When I test by pressing DND on my 6945 phones the call does go to VM. But when I have CUPC client open and set DND from CUPC, the call just waits for the No Answer timer before going to VM. Any ideas??

Thanks

Is the CSF softphone registered or are you using CTI Deskphone Control?  For some reason I can't imagine Cisco didn't add support for hard reject of the softphone device. If at least one line appearence of the device is set to soft reject [silent] I believe it will still ring.

The CSF does not actually have the Call Reject setting, just 'Ringer off'. So I tried to set it through the Common Phone Profile, but it still rings through to the No Answer timer. It would appear the CSF does not understand the Call reject.

Right. That's what I was attempting to convey. Does it work as expected if you change to deskphone control?

No. If you go Deskphone Control and set CUPC to DND it still rings through to NA timer. The only time I have had it work is when set DND direct from phone and no CUPC login.

Hm. When you change to DND in CUPC, does your deskphone also display Do Not Disturb on the display? I wonder if the event is not being replicated across the SIP trunk between CUCM/CUP.

When I press DND on CUPC, it shows DND on Deskphone (6945). However when I press DND on deskphone, it does not represent on CUPC this is whether Deskphone control or not. However it does repersent 'On the Phone' status when deskphone goes off hook.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: