cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3550 SDM prefer settings

cisco24seven
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 3550 that I need to set up policy routing on. I enter the command: sh sdm prefer and the switch says it is the default template. We use the switch for access and routing. In order to enable policy routing what setting of SDM do I need?  And once changed can I get back to the default SDM template if needed?

Also when I enter all of the commands to create polcy routing, the switch would not allow me to add the command "ip policy route-map pbr" to the vlan.

Here are the commands that I entered:

access-list 10 permit 20.20.20.0 0.0.0.255

route-map pbr permit 10

match ip address 10

set ip next-hop 12.12.12.12

int vlan 3

ip policy route-map pbr  <---- this is where the switch does not accept the command. No error is given it just places a caret ^ under the word policy. Any help would be great.  Thanks

4 Replies 4

kapathak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

You should find answers to your query here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk364/technologies_configuration_example09186a00802135d3.shtml

Before you can enable policy routing, you must configure one of these commands in the global configuration mode, and then the configuration must be written and the switch reloaded:

• sdm prefer extended-match
  • sdm prefer access extended-match
  • sdm prefer routing extended-match

HTH, please rate useful posts.

Kapil

Yes I know that it the document that I have been using. Hoever I ran into a problem configuring the switch using that document. Also please see my question above regarding SDM. What effect will enabling SDM have on my current routing and access on this switch?

Shouldn't have any effect as long as the TCAM utilisation for the entries is within the limits after the reload.

I set the switch to SDM prefer extended-match. But the switch still will not accept the command ip policy route-map pbr. Any sggestions or ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco