Firmware 1.5 for Cisco Smart Storage has just been posted. See announcement link or check the software center directly. Release notes for the firmware will also be posted shortly.
The biggest news with Cisco fw1.5 is that users can migrate to QNAP branded software via the standard firmware upgrade process.
- Upgrade your unit to the new fw1.5
- Visit http://www.qnap.com/cisco and download the latest QNAP fw3.5, upgrade with this file
- Your unit will now be running the latest feature set from QNAP.
This should give users the ability to receive bug fixes and feature improvements quicker.
- Visit http://www.qnap.com/cisco for a list of feature differences between Cisco fw1.5 and QNAP fw3.5
- There is no way to migrate a unit back once you upload a QNAP branded software image. If you have questions about how the QNAP branded features vary or specific support questions, please post those to the QNAP support forum.
- Two specific features are not supported on QNAP firmware: Mozy online backup and Cisco Access Now remote access.
- Cisco Small Business Support Center engineers will not be able to help troubleshoot QNAP branded firmware units. All software support for QNAP branded software will come from QNAP. Support options are posted at http://www.qnap.com/cisco
- HW warranty will still be processed by Cisco regardless of the software loaded on the unit.
Apple Time Machine issue with Lion
- This is not fixed in Cisco fw1.5. Only the generic AFP issue has been addressed.
- The path to fix this bug is to migrate to QNAP branded firmware (specifically fw 3.5)