I've searched the forums and documentation and can't seem to find a definitive answer to my scenario.
We have an ASA5510 with SecPlus running 8.3.2
We currently use VPN client on XP to invoke the built-in firewall to prevent incoming connections to the PC when the tunnel is established – the Cisco built-in client is not supported on Win7.
We’re looking to provide similar functionality with the AnyConnect client, i.e.
- Full network access over the AnyConnect client (connection can be established manually)
- AnyConnect client enforcing a local policy on the PC preventing incoming connections when the tunnel is established
- No clientless requirements
- No mobile requirements (apple, android etc)
- No secure desktop requirements
I’d like to ascertain if:-
- Does the AnyConnect client include a firewall that is supported on Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)?
- Will the Essential licence give me the functionality I require, or do I need a Premium?