Views
Helpful
Replies

Beta Toolkit Feature Request

stephen.stack
Level 4
Level 4

Loving the new Bugtookit. It;s fast and easy to use. Well done to the Devs

So a nice thing to have, would be a 'copy' button. So, we always email each other bugs in our team, and a one-click copy function to copy summary and fix as well as a short URL would be very conveinent - next to that perhaps an email function.

Thanks

Stephen

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful
6 Replies 6

bvanbenschoten
Level 5
Level 5

Totally agree.

This would be a very useful addition

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Susann and BST support team,

Just thought I would post back with my initial thoughts on the re-vamped BST

to add to this good thread that Stephen has started.

I'm still finding the navigation to be less than desirable

We need to be able to step back in incremental steps when searching for bugs. For

example, let's say I've gone to Advanced search > Voice and Unified > Callmanager >

version 8.5 and I filter via keyword "upgrade" in this case 169 bugs are displayed in the results

page. So far so good, but I realize that I really wanted to check for version 8.6. In this case I

have to go all the way back to the very beginning to start over Advanced search > Voice and Unified > Callmanager > version 8.6.

It would be far better if I could step back only to the page where I selected the version and not have

to go through all the drop-downs again.

In this same example let's say I start scrolling through the 169 bugs looking for

the one(s) that I may be hitting. If I get down to bug # 135 and open it up and discover

it's not what I'm looking for and go back to the search results, the page goes back to the

beginning instead of where I was. This starts the painful process all over again.

I do like the improved Bug Details page (excellent!) but would prefer if the Rate this Bug Description was moved to the bottom of the page as it doesn't copy properly.

Thanks for all your ongoing support here

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello all,

Another thing I'm really finding frustrating is the inactivity timeout. It seems

to be set very low, so many times when I'm searching for bugs and I have to turn away for

a bit to work on something else the BST has timed out by the time I get back to it. Not

a huge deal but is a royal pain

Cheers!

Rob

Hi

Stepehn & Rob

Thanks for the great feedback and providing valuable input to make new Beta Toolkit better. I am tracking all the major inputs mentioned above like:

• As Stephen mentioned, provide capability that would assist to easily share individual bugs or copy URL's.
  • As Rob mentioned, make my navigation across search results page & bug details more easier (i.e. remember what was clicked & view or remember scroll position etc).
  • As Rob mentioned, handle the session timeout (increase timeout settings and application behavior) of the application more gracefully.

Currently i am working with the development team on the design elements & these functionalities should be part of next release.

Thanks

Arun Solleti

Product Manager

Cisco Bug Search Tool

Thats good news. This new Bug Toolkit has great potential. It's great to see that you guys are taking our requests on board.

Kind Regards

Stephen

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arun,

As Stephen so nicely noted (+5), we really appreciate all the hard work

that is going into making the new BST an excellent online tool! Thanks for

taking our thoughts into consideration here my friend

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: