Views
Helpful
Replies

CE 500 Port Configuration

Bethuelle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have the following set-up(see attachment). All the ports are in trunk mode and have the same native vlan. But i can't remotely access switch B from my PC.

I 've tried to resolve the problem by putting the Fa 0/1 port in the router mode but it didn't change a thing.Th switch remained inaccesible.

Can someone give some tips to help me solve the issue?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

leave the port as L2 port and configure an interface vlan with an ip address on the device.

interface vlan x

ip address x.x.x.x

that's all you've got to do if the pc is in same subnet as your vlan interface.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi Alain,

it's worth while noting that I can access Switch A and the CE 500 remotely (that is through SSH  and Telnet) but not switch B so i have the feeling that is has something to do with the configuration of the CE 500.

Regards.

Julie

Hi Julie,

Can you ping switch B? If yes are you sure you have enabled ssh and/or telnet and management access is accesible by the PC's network on switch B? If yes please provide sanitized config of ce500 and switch B.

Best regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I can't ping B. SSH and Telnet + Access Management has been configured on B. The management of all switches is 10. Ports Gi 0/1, Gi 0/2 and Fa0/1 of the CE 500 are all in native vlan 10. The ports to which the CE 500 connect to on A, B and C have as native vlan 10.

Best Regards.

Julie

Hi,

can you provide output of followings on B:

-sh ip int brief | i Vlan

- sh int trunk

-sh int  x/x status

-sh int x/x switchport  where x/x is port connected to CE500

-Does sh ip arp shows the PC mac address?

Regards.

Alain.

Ok, if you try to connect from switch C command line not from the PC to switch B what is the result?

Best regards,

Alex

Hi Julie,

Oups sorry I misread the original post.

Regards.

Alain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco