We are going to be implementing a fax server (FOIP) and needed to implement T.38 Fax relay. However, since we have done that, we are having a lot of problems with our analog fax machines (connected via VG224 analog gateways). note: analog phones on those VG224 make voice calls just fine. The faxes will connect but then either get a "comm error" or remote side disconnect. We are using CUCM 7.1(5).
These are the commands that Cisco helped me perform:
1. Change each VG224 gateway that we currently use to “enable T.38 Fax Relay” within Call Manager.
2. Change our two gateways (Cisco 2811’s) that are gateways to our Telecommunications provider to “enable T.38 Fax Relay”.
3. Telnet to each of the gateways in steps one and two and do the following:
a. Configuring CA-Controlled MGCP T.38 Fax Relay
i. Use the following steps to configure CA-controlled MGCP T.38 fax relay.
ii. SUMMARY STEPS
2. configure terminal
3. no mgcp fax t38 inhibit
4. mgcp package-capability fxr-package
5. mgcp default-package fxr-package.
6. –after exiting run “no mgcp” and “mgcp” to restart MGCP.
Ever since we did the above we've seen numerous problems.
This is what part of our VG224 config looked like prior to the above changes (sorry - i don't have the current config but can get it if needed).
no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco
ccm-manager config server 10.0.0.176
ccm-manager config dialpeer-prefix
mgcp call-agent 10.0.0.176 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1
mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band
mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify
mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse
mgcp package-capability rtp-package
no mgcp package-capability res-package
mgcp package-capability sst-package
no mgcp package-capability fxr-package
no mgcp timer receive-rtcp
mgcp sdp simple
mgcp fax t38 inhibit
mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static
mgcp bind control source-interface FastEthernet0/0
mgcp bind media source-interface FastEthernet0/0
Any thoughts on things we can change/modify to help our issues.