Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IP COMMUNICATOR 8.6.1.0

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I have a  Cisco IP communicator installed on my latop , which is running a windows-xp based operating system.

I have configured an extension for my internal calling 64xx ( still have to map the DID for the same for outbound calls etc.)

Problem Description :

>CUCM VERSION: 8.0.3.2000-2

>CIPC version : 8.6.1.0 

>CDP DRIVER VERSION:1.0(0.2)Built

Voice Engine Version : 3.5.0.0

When some body is making a call to the extension i am able to hear the audio from the calling party , but they are not able to hear my voice, vice-a-versa, is true as well.

Wanted to know what seems to be missing, as it is a case of one way audio. Checked the headsets as well. I can hear the calling party but no voice from my side goes out to him.

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar
2 Replies 2

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi abhishek

on the remote IP phone ask the user to press the question mark on the phone in a quick succession and check if you can see the packets received increasing on the screen....if thats not the case then the Voice packets arre getting dropped in between.

A detailed topology would be great to understand where might be the problem.

HTH

Tapan

The  query button in between was the first thing i checked, being an audio issue, so yes the packets were being sent continuously.

Kindly let me know, what part of the n/w topology should i bring up..  for this issue.

Snapshot of the packets being sent..or reading the traces by self ? Would bring up on monday .

Thanks for the reply though

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: