Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX email queues

Scott Brien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have been in the process of configuring email queues for our CCX 8.5 environment with exchange 2010, all configurations look good now and we are posed with the issue of users being stuck in either email not ready state or email logout state.

The agent email tab in desktop administrator is stuck on loading.

anyone come across issues similar to this?

Regards,

Scott

47 Replies 47

Henrik Larsen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Scott

Jep, we have exately the same problem. We have also experienced that an agent is reciving mails and suddenly hangs in loading screen (closing application solves the last issue).

We have done some sniffing on the agent pc and it seems that when the problem is there, the client tries to authenticate to the exchange server but is not accepted due to "NO AUTHENTICATE FAILED" ??. I'm don't quite understand why agent is beeing verified on exchange ?

When CAD is removed and installed again it works fine, even if it's the same MSI package used both times.

We started installation in 8.5 SU1 but ran into issues and upgraede to SU2, but had major issues with this, since XML upload suddenly didn't work and all basic configuration of agent E-mail IMAP and SMTP couldn't be done (different error messages but we never got it up running) so we rolled back to SU1 and configured it there and vent live on system.

E-mail errors leading to TAC case caused us to upgrade to SU2 again after recommendation from TAC, but it still doesn't work properly, since we have the describes issues still.

Last CUP file is installed..

Henrik

Hi Henrik

Interesting that the client is trying to authenticate against exchange, we removed CAD and re-installed by no joy there.

You mentioned that you are running SU2 again, how are you finding that, is the XML upload functioning after the SU was re-released?

Please let me know how you get on with TAC

Scott

Hi Scott,

I had the exact problem you described.

I opened a TAC case and the result was the same and Henrik, the client issues were down to authentication.

We upgraded to SU2 and this did fix the problem for us.

Matty

That is good news.

We will upgrade.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott

There is a important CUP file that needs  to be installed which fixes the XML issues among others:

We still experience the problem with agents going into loading state after this fix, which according to Matty sould be due to authentication. Matty how did you solve this ? Something on exchange side ?

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=270569179&release=

8.5%281%29SU2&relind=AVAILABLE&softwareid=280840578&rellifecycle=&relty

pe=latest

Hi,

We just installed SU2 and CUP.

Waiting for the system to come back up to test.

Will keep posted.

Scott

Hi,

We succesfully upgraded to SU2 and installed the COP but still no joy with the email queues, still greyed out and in E-Mail log out state.

Any thoughts on this authentication issue?

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott

Have you tried to generate a new CAD msi file and do a reinstallation of agent ?

Henrik

All CAD/supervisor/admin files have been re-generated using the desktop client configuration tool.

Hi Scott

Not sure what the problem was at the time, but I belive that we had some issues solved by creating a new exchange account, applying this to the alias'es and changing this in Desktop admin.

Might be worth a try ?

Henrik

Hi Scott,

From UCCX we had IMAP on port 993 and SMTP on port 25.

On the exchange server the connectors are both using TLS with ‘Integrated Windows Authentication’.

Hope that helps!

Matty

Hi Matty/Henrik,

I will give both your options a try, I do remember something around imap and using port 993 rather than default and it was working, however this was a while back in 7.0 SR 5. And a different exchange environment.

Will let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott

We still have issues with Agent E-mail and experience agent that work fine, sometimes can't delete files (which are deleted on exchange but remains in agent and agents that have grayed out e-mail icons.

Were you able to solve your problems and if so, what did you do?

Henrik

Hi Guys,

We have recently been through similiar issues trying to get our email queues to work, and were facing CAD email icons greyed out (we are on UCCX 8.5.1). The resolution to our issue was neither found in the documentation or from TAC. We managed to narrow down the issue to a Exchange IMAP problem using wireshark where we could see that CAD is repeatedly trying to authenicate.

So here was the fix... in MS Exchange (we use 2007) the IMAP defaults only accept 10 similtaneous IMAP connections per user. In our environment we have configured UCCX to use a single mailbox user, and found that we were hitting the IMAP limitation resulting in CAD login issues (buttons greyed out). We increased the Exchange IMAP limits from 10 to 100, and problem was solved!

Hope this helps, as it was a major hassle for us!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: