UC560 & VG224 Licensing

Unanswered Question
Oct 20th, 2011
User Badges:

Do we need licenses when adding VG224s to the UC560 box. If yes, may you please help me with the kind of licenses

that we need. I have looked around the product data sheets and could not find anything.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Darren DeCroock Fri, 10/21/2011 - 06:25
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hello Kelvin,

The only licenses that you will need are for the phones that are connected/registered to the UC560.  No additional licensing is required.

Thank you,


haider.rizwan Tue, 02/07/2012 - 22:38
User Badges:

Please help me out, do I need analog license to register each analog phone to CUCM while using VG224? Please give me any cisco link for reference.

paolo bevilacqua Tue, 02/07/2012 - 22:40
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

For CUCM questions, post in "IP telephony", not here.

mcasimirc63 Wed, 02/08/2012 - 05:10
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Yes, for CUCM you would need to have the correct license for every port.  You can buy DLU's, UCL's or CUWL licenses.  The license type would depend on the version on CUCM you have. 

haider.rizwan Wed, 02/08/2012 - 06:05
User Badges:

Ordering Guide do not have any info for VG224 ordering with licenses.

please share any other reference. thanks !


This Discussion