cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect Cisco 6941 Phone to UC 500

Naum Vitanovski
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect Cisco 6941 IP Phone to a UC 520. I easily connected 2 Cisco 7940 phones.

The Cisco 6941 is saying Phone not Registered.

I uploaded the69xx  Phone loads to UC500 flash, but to no avail.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Is there some addtional configuration needed to get UC 500 to register the phones.

Also I tried adding the phone from CCA Topology window, but when you try and choose the type of phone, 6941 is not listed.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Naum,

Firstly make sure you have the latest Software Pack 8.2, secondly just uploading the phone load to the compact flash card will do nothing, you need to make sure the tftp-server information is in place and correctly done, and also telephony-service requires the right phone load configuration to suit as well.

If you use CCA 3.1.1 and you drap-N-drop the firmware to the UC in the topology window, CCA will automatically do the configuration for you, alternatively if you do phone load management from the maintenance window and point CCA to the 8.2 Software pack, it will extract it from the folder for you and upload it and configure it on the system, you can then go ahead and do all the configurations you need.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Naum,

Firstly make sure you have the latest Software Pack 8.2, secondly just uploading the phone load to the compact flash card will do nothing, you need to make sure the tftp-server information is in place and correctly done, and also telephony-service requires the right phone load configuration to suit as well.

If you use CCA 3.1.1 and you drap-N-drop the firmware to the UC in the topology window, CCA will automatically do the configuration for you, alternatively if you do phone load management from the maintenance window and point CCA to the 8.2 Software pack, it will extract it from the folder for you and upload it and configure it on the system, you can then go ahead and do all the configurations you need.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thank you for the advice. I figured it out later my self. I upgraded the firmware of the UC500. It could still not see the phone loads under the type of phone on the uc500 when you try to add the phone to the community.

What I did was, I reset the UC500 to Factory default, and after running the telephony setup wizard. it picked up all the phones plugged into the UC 500.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: