Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 upgraded failed - refresh upgrade failed

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

There is a Cisco tandberg demo lab environment in our compnay, so we are planned to upgrade the cisco call manager to 8.6 in order to make video call to tandberg VCS. The following is the detail of the hardware,

Hardware version 7825I4 with 4G ram( 4x 1G ram)

Software downloaded: UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.2.10000-30.sgn.iso ( restricted version)

We have checked the MD5 checksum, and it is matched.

We are have tried to upgrade though either DVD or tftp-Titan, however, we still have faced some problem in upgrading the call manager.

"refresh upgrade failed- error detected is post-install phase. Trying to restore the system to the active version.Please wait..."

Can anyone face the same problem with me?

Thank you,

Ben    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

all,

looks like you are hitting the bug

CSCtt18005

CM 8.6.2 Upgrade Failing Due to NTP Reachability

check the install logs for the NTP server reachability issue

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ben,

Did you install;

ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop.sgn

as your first step?

The details are in this good reference;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16898

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

We have installed the ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop.sgn already,however, the problem still exist.

Thank

Ben         

This is the error message shown from the cucm, after that, the cucm will return to orginal software version.

Hi,

I am having the same issue upgrading from 8.0.2 on a 7816H3 with 4 GB of RAM. Any idea where the log files would be?

I have also installed the COP file.

Suggestions appreciated.

hi Richard,

do your CUCM is Not For Sale?

I guess it is a single problem ....

Thx

Ben

I'm having this issue upgrading to CUCM 8.6.2 also.

Here's our current version:

System version: 8.5.1.13900-5

VMware Installation: 2 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, disk 2: 80Gbytes, 6144Mbytes RAM

Our NTP's are accessible and are stratum 2 and the ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.5.cop has been applied.

Anyone have any suggestions?

akinsconsult
Level 1
Level 1

we are facing this issue.  what solved it?

What version are you upgrading from?  for example, are you upgrading from an earlier 8.6 or from 8.5?  What version are you upgrading to? for example are you upgradingto 8.6.2b? 

from 8.5.1.13900-5 to 8.6.2.00000-2

Just a few more questions:

Does the server have at least 4gb of memory?   Cisco changed the base OS from 8.5 to 8.6.   CUCM 8.5

uses Redhat 4 while CUCM 8.6 uses Redhat 5 so 8.6 requires 4gb of memory.  If your server doesn't have at least

4gb of memory the upgrade will fail.

Are you using the RESTRICTED or UNRESTRICTED version of 8.6.2?

Is your 8.5.1 licensed?  If not, you can't upgrade to 8.6.2.  Cisco considers this a major upgrade so requires

a license.   If (for example) you were upgrading from 8.0.3 to 8.5.1 you could upgrade and maintain a

demo license.  More importantly you would keep all configuration changes when you upgraded from 8.0.3 to 8.5.1.

it is on VmWare and has 4GB.  Not sure what the difference is on RESTRICTED or UNRESTRICTED.  The 8.51 is licensed but not for 8.6?  do i need a seperate license?

John Biggs
Level 1
Level 1

Check with your reseller about licensing.

When the upgrade fails what is the error message?

hernandez-m
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem ... as resolved

mihail.petreski
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue with my CUCM pub server. it is completely licenced and should be able to go to 8.6.

I have tried with both UNRST and Restircted.

Anybody get passed this?

Does it matter that the PUB cannot see the SUBs for the time being?

I have installed the refresh cop file and i am installing from 8.0.3.20000-2 to 8.6(2)a

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: