Helpful
Replies

How to unlock a door on REX input?

philtraylor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am missing something somewhere,

How do I unlock a door for a specified period of time when a REX input is activated in CPAM?

3 Replies 3

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

What kind of REX are you using? Button or PIR? Usually all a REX does is shunt the input alarm so the door knows it is a allowed egress event for the door.

I managed to figure it out.

I had it programmed as a pushbutton, but had the mode selected as delayed rather than auto. As soon as I pushed that change, the doors with that template worked on the spot.

This was a door with a magnetic lock, PIR and pushbutton. The Exit button NC and PIR NC relays have the hot leg of lock power run through them to create a physical break, the NO on both are run in parallel to the input on the gateway.

Now that it is set properly the door stays open for 30 seconds or until the door contact opens and then closes (close relock is enabled)

Hi Phillip,

I am trying to configure a door with fail safe.  I have a push button, reader, door contact sensor and lock.  When I wire the fail safe I am able to open the lock with the push button however I am unable to open the lock after swiping a card.

I was able to unlock the door before when fail safe was not configured. Originally I had the following setup:

Lock connected to an output port on the controller as NO and C connected to 12v power outlet.  The other wire from the lock was also connected to the 12v power supply.  Reconnected as NO to the gateway input port. 10 wire reader template applied to the card reader.

With fail safe I had the push button connected to the lock as NC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: