Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 + PAP2T Compatibility

Dear community,

I recently setup an UC320 system with success, and I glad to use my old PAP2T ATA to extend the number of FXS ports.

I saw another discussion here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3352600#3352600

where it seems to be non compatible.

Is there any news? I wonder to avoid buying an SPA8800

Thanks in advance

Regards

Riccardo

8 Replies 8

Hi Riccardo,

Adding a SPA8800 is the only option to expand FXO and FXS port capacity at this time.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Christopher,

For testing, in the past, i tried to configure a PAP2T with an UC320 and it didn't work.

Just for understanding, does this limitation due to the CDP ?

Does the UC320 use CDP for discover SPA8800 and auto-configure it?

Best regards

Hi Julien,

The system is locked down to only talk to specific devices.  PAP2T is not one of the currently supported devices.  SPA8800 is a supported device.

CDP is used for VLAN configuration of the devices.

Chris

Dear cristopher,

just for my knowledge I kindly ask if this limitation is due to internal hardware or due to other reason (i.e. commercial).

Thanks in advance.

Bye

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your reply

Can we have the list of these specific devices authorized to work with an UC320?

Hi Jullen,

In 2.1 firmware the following LAN side devices are supported:  SPA 301, 303, 501, 502, 504, 508,509, 525 IP phones, SPA 8800 FXS/FXO gateway.  WAN site we support the Mediatrix 4400 series SIP to BRI gateway.

Chris

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for this list.

Do you know if Cisco has planned to support PAP2T or SPA8000 on the UC320?

The problem with the SPA8800 is the cost. The SPA8800 is very expansive if we want only add 2 fxs port to an UC320.

Moreover, we don't need to add 4 FXO ports and 4 FXS ports each time. In the most of cases, we only need FXS ports so the PAP2T and the SPA8000 are perfect for that.

Best regards

I have obviously the same needs.

Thanks in advance for inserting this request into the "wishlist" for the future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: