Replies

I don,t know what is happen in my Router 1841

ahmad-emad
Level 1
Level 1

I have  tried to format my flash to install new IOS by using this command

myrouter#format flash:

then

I don,t know what is happen when I restart my router the out put is as the following

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

please help me to solve this problem .

12 Replies 12

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What happens finally? Does the router book up finally or it goes in loop and loop?

Does it go back to rommon or what does it display?

Cheers,

-amit singh

nkarpysh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to Amit thoughts:

Please advise fi you are connected to console through terminal server. That can send some garbage and you may see those characters.

Nik

HTH,
Niko

ahmad-emad
Level 1
Level 1

what is happend :

I tried to install new ios on my cisco router by using the following commands:

Router# format flash:

then

common> tftpdnld

then some questions it comes I answered

then

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Thos can also be symbols shwoing IOS download process. It is shwoing this-like symbols increasing one by one kind of percenatge of what was loaded so far for you to make sure it did not freeze. Did it finish? What is the status of router now?

Nik

HTH,
Niko

Hi Nikolay,

I am really appreciate your cooperate

it still more than 7 hours nothing change still the same symbols is appeare, so Ineed to guide me how to reset the router to default factory or please give me ur suggestion .

If you have physical access to it. You can console into router - reset power to bring it in ROMMON and copy the image you need from your PC to a router via XMODEM. That can be done with Hyper Terminal application on windows or with tera term for example. With xmodem you can transfer files through console to your router from PC.

It is not clear what happening with tftpdnld - possibly you can try that once again and power reset if issue reoccured.

Hope this helps,

Nik

HTH,
Niko

Hi Nikolay,

I can access to the router but I can not do any thing Just seeing these symbol, So how I can reset to default and upload the IOS ?

Hi Ahmad,

you need to power reset it and connect your PC directly to router via console - not through terminal server. All the rest steps explained above.

Nik,

HTH,
Niko

Hi Nikolay,

I am using SecureCRT, I switched off the router and switch on at the same time I press on Break button and no thing is changed, I thing all the system file is erased so no POST on the router,

What is your openion, is there any another method to reset the router to Default factory, If you have time I can give you access to my PC remotely to see this case and through Skype  we can discuss.

Ahmad   

Hi Ahmad,

Give me your skype id and if I will have a time I will try to synch up,  though I'm not that consistent online.

So to resume:

1. You did formath flash

2. Got into rommon and started image download to flash from thftp with tftpdnld command from ROMMON

3. You answered some questions and seems download started shown by these messages "€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€"

4. Though these messages never finish

5. You tried to power off/on rouer however on bootup you see these messages "€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€" again

Please confirm if I otlined all steps performed correctly. I think smth is with flash as router trying to autodonload IOS to it but never stops for some reason. Good try would be - flash change.

Nik

HTH,
Niko

Hi Nikoly,

I am very sorry to delay from my side my Skype ID : dxdiam

I will be available at these time  9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM everyday except Friday (Dubai Time Zone).

when you will be available online, Pleae try to give me Miss call on my Mobile Phone my mobile number is +971557586021

Best Regards

Ahmad Emad

ahmad-emad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nikoly,

I would like to thank you, the Problem is solved without changing the CF, and  every thing now is Ok

Best Regards

Ahmad Emad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: